PDA

View Full Version : Small World / Haunted Mansion closed today?

Koala Gurl
10-17-2006, 06:39 AM
The Disneyland website says that IASW and HM are closed today...SW for the Holiday install and HM for holiday removal (HUH???).

IASW makes sense, but the HM one doesn't. Anyone know differently??

(Riderefurbs says that IASW goes down 10/23...I realize I should trust the Disney site, but not when it says HM is down.)

Koala Gurl
10-17-2006, 06:53 AM
OK, I called...the website is messed up. Ride refurbs was right. IASW goes down 10/23.

Both are open today.

Darkbeer
10-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Disneyland.com is known for its goofs and just crazy stuff...

This is one of them...

iasw closes on Monday to install the overlay, and will reopen on November 10th

HMH is open, and closes on January 8th for removal of the overlay.

Heck, when did they move the Orange Stinger to Disneyland???? ;)

ShirleyFilms
10-17-2006, 07:46 AM
I saw the same thing today and rushed on here to get the skinny. My heart dropped when I saw it... since the main reason I planned our trip was to see the Holiday Mansion.

Seems like the constant issues with Disney's calendar page are below them. This is Disney... after all. People expect a little more from DL. They really need to be on top of that.

My 2 cents.

Koala Gurl
10-18-2006, 06:25 AM
I saw the same thing today and rushed on here to get the skinny. My heart dropped when I saw it... since the main reason I planned our trip was to see the Holiday Mansion.

Seems like the constant issues with Disney's calendar page are below them. This is Disney... after all. People expect a little more from DL. They really need to be on top of that.

My 2 cents.

I agree! How hard is it to find someone / anyone to check the website? I wonder how many issues have resulted from the wrong info? I guess if I hadn't called, I wouldn't have known it was incorrect, and I wouldn't have gone yesterday. (I did go, and yep it is all open!) :)

RockDoc07
10-18-2006, 05:50 PM
Heck, when did they move the Orange Stinger to Disneyland???? ;)

Actually, Orange Stinger came over as compensation after the free agent signing of PUSH during the off season. The deal is still pending league approval, but Paradise Pier is looking to sweeten the deal by throwing in some tortillas, cash, and an attraction to be named later.

Doc