PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Getaway/Sanctuary

moriaman14
10-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Havent you guys dreamed of one!!!....Im talking about a place inside Disneyland. Im talking about a secret sanctuary within the park were you can get "away" from the action. A place that is quiet and comfortable yet still interesting. A place that is secret (kinda:D ) and away from all the crowds yet still very nice.
Imagine yourself tired and in need of a rest. Everywhere there are people and it is loud. You want to recooperate so that you can continue to have fun but you just need a quick rest from it all. People have sometimes searched for such a sanctuary in many places. Some find peace around Big thunder ranch behind BTMR, but even there you find many people bustling about to their next destination. Some try to find rest by enjoying a nice long ride on pirates but you still have to stand in wait for that.
So where is this "Sanctuary", where can people go to find some peace, maybe sit down to talk or eat or read for free i might add and in almost complete seclusion. well, after an extensive search I have located such a Sanctuary. And it is in none other than.......The disney Gallery in New Orleans!!! Yes, if one climbs the stairs above Pirates and walks past the gallery pictures then they will find it. It is a mini courtyard with three tables and chairs all around. It IS the quietest place in the park. No one is around, there is almost no noise except for running water(a nice fountain). YOu can eat, talk, or read. Within moments you will be relieved and ready to go on. I know some of you would laugh at my description of this place....but i encourage anyone to visit it. Its like a sanctuary to me now.....

I Heart Disneyland!
10-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Holy cow! This is also our sanctuary!!!!! :eek: I was reading and planning to type it up, and got to the end. haha! Good thing we're all not going there at the same time, our sanctuary could get very noisy! I love it up there. I put my feet up on a chair, my hubby wanders around the gallery and I write postcards in there too. It's so peaceful and pretty.

ErikBsandiego
10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Mine has always been the lower level of the hungry bear (or whatever they are calling it these days). While the river can sometimes get stinky on a hot day without any breeze, otherwise it usually a quiet, cool break even on many crowded days.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Mine has always been the lower level of the hungry bear (or whatever they are calling it these days). While the river can sometimes get stinky on a hot day without any breeze, otherwise it usually a quiet, cool break even on many crowded days.

Where the cats wander? I love that area too! :) :)

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
10-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Yes. It is nice up there. I think that some of the nicest CM's work at Disney Gallery too.

For me, Club 33. Walk into the lobby, close the door, ahhhh ... nice.

At DCA, I like to have a picnic lunch at the picnic tables by Sam Andreas Shakes / Ugly bug's Ball.

MammaSilva
10-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Court of the Angels....the tables over in the carnation gardens area....amazingly quiet almost all of the time unless there is a performance on the stage....the dock of the gummy boat ride that no longer exists....fantasia gardens...it's only busy on a weekend if one of the message boards is having a meet or event....I don't have a list for DCA...

Clotho
10-16-2006, 10:22 PM
For me it is the area behind BTMRR, the walkway heading toward Fantasyland. It is shady on a hot day, only a bit of foot traffic. I love standing at the railing and looking at the water, or sitting and chatting with my honey.

darph nader
10-16-2006, 10:36 PM
This sounds a little 'redneck',( I are one). But a nice quite place with shade,an ashtray,and a cold beer,would be right on the $$$ sometimes.:cool:

Not to get hammered,but to relax and catch a quick nap.

potzbie
10-17-2006, 08:28 AM
I suppose you could consider the "secret restroom" (Carnation Plaza Gardens) a "sanctuary."

TikiGeek
10-17-2006, 08:53 AM
...the tables over in the carnation gardens area...My choice too. Very quiet but you can hear the background music - I love it at Christmas time. ;)

Everett Buzz
10-17-2006, 09:20 AM
For me it is the area behind BTMRR, the walkway heading toward Fantasyland. It is shady on a hot day, only a bit of foot traffic. I love standing at the railing and looking at the water, or sitting and chatting with my honey.

This is ours. We are always amazed that even on a busy day it is mostly light traffic though here, and so peaceful :cool:

Disneynerd
10-17-2006, 09:32 AM
For me it is the area behind BTMRR, the walkway heading toward Fantasyland. It is shady on a hot day, only a bit of foot traffic. I love standing at the railing and looking at the water, or sitting and chatting with my honey.This is ours too! Although now it is quite rare that our two year old is being quiet. Something about that area always recharges me.
I need to check out this area by the Disney Gallery!

Niwel
10-17-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm with you MammaSilva The Court of Angels (http://www.mpimages.net/dlr/compressed/Disneyland/New_Orleans_Square/Angelcourt-lewin.jpg) in NOS (around twilight it gets kind of empty there)... and it is a great place to "steal a kiss or two"

LOYL2DZNY
10-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Disneyland IS my getaway/sanctuary....from everyday life.

moriaman14
10-17-2006, 03:03 PM
My choice too. Very quiet but you can hear the background music - I love it at Christmas time. ;)

im shure that area is not very busy but you can still see all the bustling crowds which is a down side....i Like my area because you are truly away from the crowds for a while...you cant even see them

The area behind Thunder Ranch is good too....but on some days trafic can be thick, it can be hot out there too, and the seats are not as comfortable. The area around around the disney gallery....is cool, comfortable seating, almost no people, and most people dont even know of its exsistence. There might not be as many people around the carnation plaza or behind BTMR, but people know about those places and simply avoid them becuase there is not as much to do there. This place is just simply unvisited.....But hey:)..whatever works

kikid
10-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Disneyland IS my getaway/sanctuary....from everyday life.
Exactly! Take me away!!!!