PDA

View Full Version : Yamabuki Re-Opened?

Rayston
10-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Has Yamibuki Re-Opened?

Has anyone been there since the re-open?

Is it any good? Is the Lunch menu significantly cheaper than the Dinner?

I have read the reviews but it occured to me that it is possible things have changed since the recent refurbishement.

Thanx

Rayston

tod
10-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Has Yamibuki Re-Opened?

Has anyone been there since the re-open?

Is it any good? Is the Lunch menu significantly cheaper than the Dinner?

I have read the reviews but it occured to me that it is possible things have changed since the recent refurbishement.

Yes. Yes.

The tod Family went there last week for dinner to celebrate Little tod's superlative report card, and we had an excellent (albeit Not Inexpensive) dinner. I had tempura soft-shell crab and a plate of sashimi, and they were excellent, and I am happy to report that the bartender knows how to make a decent vodka gimlet (after a momentary mishap when I saw a small onion in the glass and I clarified that I wanted a gimlet, not a gibson). The rest of The tod Family was pleased as well, and if I remembered what they had I could go into more detail. TLMt had the soft-shell crab tempura too, I do remember that, and she liked it.

Recommended for special occasions, or fine everyday fare if you have more money than you know what to do with.

--t

Rayston
10-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Any idea what the price difference is for Lunch?

If its only a little cheaper with a lot less selection I dont think its really worth it. However if its significantly cheaper with only a few menu options missing we might make a point of making it for lunch rather than dinner.

Thanx

Rayston

RedwoodMaiTai
10-16-2006, 12:14 PM
My husband and I ate their last Monday, and I have to say, I was very impressed.

The tempura battered soft-shell crab was to die for, as was the seafood ceviche. The service was also top notch! Our waitress was very attentive and brought our courses out at a leisurely pace.

While it certainly wasn't cheap to dine there, it was a very enjoyable evening!