PDA

View Full Version : our october trip report

disney jones
10-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Just a brief trip report but plenty of pictures (http://bricoot.smugmug.com/gallery/2009445). ;) HalloweenTime at the resort was awesome as just as good as all the early pictures promised!!! We hadn’t been since the very end of July so there was plenty of new stuff to see, and we indeed saw it --- and more!!

We got to do and see Woody’s Halloween Round Up, Jedi Training, High School Musical, the Princess Fantasy Faire, and Golden Screams, but one of the best highlights of all our visits was finally doing the ‘Discover the Magic’ tour – that was the best!! The girls had a blast on this and so did I watching them enjoy themselves – if anyone has kids ages 5-9 that hasn’t done this yet, go!!

We did get pictures with two new characters we hadn’t before – Bullseye and The Hag from Snow White, but we missed Jafar who I hear is out at Golden Screams – maybe next time (in two weeks for Mickey’s Not So Scary party :p ). But we did get pictures of the old favorites in their Halloween costumes – Mickey as a magician, Minnie as a witch, Goofy as a joker, Pluto as a vampire, and Donald as a pumpkin (what he was last year at MNSSHP), and Chip and Dale in fine western-themed attire. It looks like Chip and Dale have several costumes this year as we saw them the day before as pirates but didn’t get a picture, and cstephens had a picture of one of them in pajamas.

Jedi Training is definitely the biggest hit, and Tomorrowland Terrace is looking great. We saw the show three times, and Zo got picked at the second one, and got to fight Darth Vader on stage! :cool: They pick about 20 kids but each time about 80 young kids are doing what they can to be picked at Paduwans. Yes, it wasn’t fun the first time when your child isn’t picked, but the show is still great fun.

The highlight of Princess Fantasy Faire was getting a picture of Princess Minnie – we’ve seen plenty of the other princesses over the last three years. The area though look very nice and again provides lots of photo ops. You see I got the girls hair done, they really enjoyed that too of course!!

Golden Screams wasn’t anything special but if you don’t have to wait in line for it very long, well, at least it was something new, and it’s better than what was there (imo).

I finally have the girls over the fear of ToT!! We rode it twice and they are at the point where its fun. HMH is always nice to see too.

HSM (yes, my oldest is one of those enthralled by it) was a short quick fun show. It had a little interactivity too – I can assure you we’ll catch it again (twice isn’t enough yet :rolleyes: ).

We did the DTM tour our last day Saturday – I had wanted to do it this past summer but we never got around to it since it usually runs on just weekends, and takes some advance booking. But I inquired Saturday morning and they had 3 slots left – perfect! Sign. us. up!! I don’t think the girls ever had so much fun. I won’t ruin the story line (the pictures give away some of it) – so just do it!! I’ll just conclude that the girls really enjoyed being pirates, cowboys, and detectives on the tour, as well as Paduwans, and Princesses in addition to the Halloween themes.

what's a trip report without food? we did Carnation Cafe for breakfast one day, and i chatted with Oscar a bit - he's been there since December 1956 so this is his 50th year :eek:, and i found out he started as a bus boy - what a great guy!! we also had meals a Pizza Port (Zo's request), Cafe Orleans (crab sandwich for me this time - yummy!),

We went by the DLH to see if it was decorated for Halloween, but nothing was there. right before we went home Saturday we made a quick trip into Vault 28 - it was smaller than i thought it'd be, but it was a nice visit. it looks like the pumpkin ears hats are already sold out! :eek: they were around a bit Wednesday/Thursday but by Friday/Saturday when i decided to buy them, they were gone. The halloween frames with Mickey as Cpt Hook also looked like they were going fast too.

Finally, yes, the resort at HalloweenTime and all the new photo ops are great, especially at Woody’s Round Up – it was definitely a fun trip with a new look!! We were there Wed – Sat and get to go again in two weeks!! It was crowded, yes, but we just spent a lot of time enjoying the scenery, not a lot of rides, so it wasn't cumbersome.

shna
10-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Thank you for sharing those pictures. Your daughters are adorable. :)

On a somewhat related note... what do you think of smugmug? I'm looking to get set up on a photo sharing website, but I want to get some opinions before I shell out cash for one.

Thank you!

Shayna

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
10-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Great trip report and darling pictures--your girls are getting so big! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the Discover the Magic tour--I really want to do that with my two oldest daughters (DD3 is 3 and not ready for it yet). Have fun when you return in a few weeks!

disney jones
10-16-2006, 10:03 AM

as for photo sharing web sites, like a lot things in life, you get what you pay for, and a lot of the free sites have limitations on picture size or quantity. i like smugmug and think the small annual fee is minimal, i just wish i had more time and talent to take advanatge of some of the customization features.

mjjpower
10-16-2006, 10:17 AM
What was the tour? We are taking our girls in January but it is only their second visit....we live in WA. Looks like your girls had a blast!

disney jones
10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
It's the "Discover the Magic" tour. they take reservations in advance (advised) and is just on weekends, even during the summer.

mjjpower
10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
What is the cost of the tour? Is it for adults and children? I appreciate the help!
Mary Jane

disney jones
10-16-2006, 11:21 AM
an adult and two children cost us about $133 with the AP discount applied (i think adult & children are the same price); roughly i think the price without a discount is about $55 for the first two people, then $45 for any more after that. You can call to get exact pricing. it is expensive, but i thought well worth it - there are a few goodies to take home and lunch, but the joy of the kids and pictures it provides are priceless.

disneyochem
10-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Hey disney jones, I'm glad you enjoyed the tour. I took my girls (then ages 6 and 8) on it last year. They still talk about how much fun they had! It was certainly a hit with the kids--and me as well. I'm a huge Mary Poppins fan so I enjoyed meeting the Poppins group!

Thanks for the report.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Wonderful report and photos, Jones! Your little cutie pies are growing up. They are just adorable!!!! Did you get YOUR picture with Pocahontas? ;) She's pretty cute! ha!

disney jones
10-17-2006, 12:42 AM
Wonderful report and photos, Jones! Your little cutie pies are growing up. They are just adorable!!!! Did you get YOUR picture with Pocahontas? ;) She's pretty cute! ha!no princess photos for me this trip, but i did get one with the Hag!! :p

and it's Mary Poppins who's the dream girl there - she's practically perfect in every way! ;)

Crazy4DL
10-17-2006, 04:18 AM
disney jones! I haven't gotten to the report itself, but those pictures! The girls are ADORABLE! They smile in nearly every pictures! The are getting to be quite the little pros in being photographed. SO cute. :)

disney jones
10-17-2006, 11:42 AM
They smile in nearly every pictures!well it is the Happiest Place on Earth!!

honestly like any kids, they can be surly too (they get that from their mom ;) ) and i don't post those pics or even bother taking them, especially the youngest, who often just refuses to join her older sis in a photo op - thanks though, i'm glad you enjoyed them!