PDA

View Full Version : Bringing backpacks/food into the park? Hours?

gailirene
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
My first visit to Disneyland -- starts next Saturday!!! Just wondering if you can bring backpacks into the park? What about food -- sandwiches, apples... in the backpack?

Thanks!

Gail

PS What are Disney's hours?

bassett1976
10-15-2006, 04:56 PM
My first visit to Disneyland -- starts next Saturday!!! Just wondering if you can bring backpacks into the park? What about food -- sandwiches, apples... in the backpack?

Thanks!

Gail

PS What are Disney's hours?

Yes, you can bring in backpacks. You can bring in food. Do not bring a hard sided cooler, you will be directed to return to your car or store it in one of the expensive lockers outside of the park.

Park hours can be found on the disneyland web site. Week nights have been closing about 8pm and weekends at midnight.

Katran
10-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Just be prepared to have your stuff searched. They don't paw through your stuff, but they do look into it and if you have a lot of stuff in a backpack or purse you might have to remove some of it so they can make sure you don't have a bomb buried in there or something. But it moves pretty smoothly. We take a backpack every year for our camera, batteries, a sweater or sweatshirt, etc.

mistofviolets
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
You can bring a backpack, but can not wheel it around. We were told that they are planning to implement no backpacks on wheels period, but for now (as of last August) wheels were permitted, so long as they didn't roll on Disney property. (Some sort of lawsuit after someone tripped?)

We brought lots of water, some snacks for the kids and simple meals for me (digestive disorder, diet way too strict for others to cook) No questions. They looked through, some more thoroughly than others; but they had to look through any bags.

Kricky
10-15-2006, 06:53 PM
If you bring a bag (backpack, fanny pack, purse, etc) into the park, are you able to bring them on the rides with you? Or is there a safe place to put them in the loading area of the ride so you have it when you get off?

bassett1976
10-15-2006, 07:33 PM
If you bring a bag (backpack, fanny pack, purse, etc) into the park, are you able to bring them on the rides with you? Or is there a safe place to put them in the loading area of the ride so you have it when you get off?

Always bring the bag with you on rides or inside of attractions. You never know when someone things that your bag is theirs. :mad:

A few of the rides have small storage spaces. I remember that Indy's bag holder was quite small. Most of the rest of the rides you can put them between your legs.

You can always rent a locker on Main Street or just inside of DCA.

Malcon10t
10-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Yes. My kids all wear CamelBaks. The fast rides have spots to put backpacks. Rides like Pirates, you just put it on the bench beside you or on the floor of the boat. Usually a nylon bag area to stuff it. I personally bring as little as possible.

Katran
10-15-2006, 08:11 PM
You can always rent a locker on Main Street or just inside of DCA.

That's what we do. We do take a backpack with us on the rides, but it's a small one that holds just what we want to use throughout the day, like our camera and batteries. It's small enough to fit in the pouches on the rides, or we just wear it on the front of us for the rides that don't have the over-the-shoulder harnesses, or set it beside us on rides like Pirates.

But we find that those all-day lockers are well worth the price, considering how often we go back and forth to them. You'd be surprised at how much we can cram in one, lol!