PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe this is happening I know I'm not a big poster here but

Pages : [1] 2

hippiemama
10-15-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm so upset I need to share.

The background is that I am a sahm and we only get one vacation plus a camping trip every year. Last year we finally got back to Disneyland after NINE years and had an amazing time. I promised my family we'd go every year as long as they want to go. Once a year. Its all we can do.
I scrimped and I saved and I got it together. I booked with getaway again this year. Our once a year trip is happening in 3 weeks - November 7th (our anniversary) we'll drive in. We get the 8th and 9th in the parks. Come home on the 10th. Not a huge vacation - or much time - but we're going to disneyland. Very very exciting.

The second part of the background is that I recently lost 65lbs. Actually took me 3 years but as of November of last year it was all off me. Its been 18mos since I started to agressively lose weight and workout and I've worked HARD. I am buff - muscular - lean. I used a workout video series called Walk away the POunds by Leslie Sansone to do this. I emailed her before/after pics and last April they flew me out to be in a testimonial photo/video shoot. You know - to use in infomercials, web page, in her book etc - giving my testimony about how her program worked for me. It was amazing!

So the studio emailed me and they have asked me to be a cast member in her new fitness video along with my 2 friends I met at the testimonial shoot in april who also lost weight using her program! I'm thrilled!~ I'm stoked! I'm so excited I could wet myself! and guess when they are filming?????

The 2nd week in November :eek: :eek: :eek:
They dont' have a set date yet. I've expressed that I can be there mOnday, tuesday and friday but NOT on wed/thurs cuz we'll be in disneyland.

I'm so freaking conflicted and anxious its not funny. I am waiting to hear if I will get to do both or not

I love disneyland. I love my children. I do not want to be in the park wishing I was not. I will not give up the disneyland trip to be in this video - but I will be so flipping disappointed if they film it and I'm not in it :( :( :(

I cannot believe that my family goes away ONCE a YEAR and this is when they're filming the video.

I am still praying it will work out just fine and they'll shoot monday, tuesday or friday. So i can have a blast in disneyland with my family AND get to be in a workout video.

Ok - rant over.
Thanks for letting me share and please - if you would send prayer, positive energy, vibes, light a candle whatever for this silly and really not very important in the grand scheme of life but would be make so very happy thing to happen for me that'd rock.

MrsG
10-15-2006, 04:23 PM
First, congrats on the weight loss. Well done!

I don't know if I missed something, but can't you reschedule the DL trip? Is it set in stone: non-refundable reservations and all that? I think being in the video is a once in a lifetime thing.

dznyphreak
10-15-2006, 04:26 PM
*Positive energy and vibes*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

There you go!:)
Best of luck.

hippiemama
10-15-2006, 04:50 PM
FI don't know if I missed something, but can't you reschedule the DL trip? Is it set in stone: non-refundable reservations and all that? I think being in the video is a once in a lifetime thing.
Well - the issue is two fold. This year we're going out with another family. So he's taken time off work and we're not sure if we have to reschedule if he'll be able to get the other days off :( . We dont' want to "blow them off" so to speak. The other issue is WILL getaway let me change my reservations if I had to, and how much extra would that cost me??

If they schedule for wednesday we could go thursday/friday if we can switch the hotel reservations and he can get the other days off work ya know?

I will find a way - right? it IS a once in a lifetime thing. I have to be able to work this out.

Katran
10-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss. That is awesome!

I wish I had some wise words for you on your scheduling conflict, but I really don't know what I'd do in your situation. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the schedules work out so that you can do both.

The old man
10-15-2006, 06:20 PM
...The background is that I am a sahm and we only get one vacation plus a camping trip every year...
I'll bite, what's a "sahm"?

Katran
10-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Stay-At-Home-Mom

hippiemama
10-15-2006, 06:26 PM
sorry yes - sahm means stayhome mama - as in , i've been home out of my career for 6 years and money is tight. Lots of sacrifice financially to raise your kids and be home in our modern world.

Katran
10-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey HippieMama, we both live in the same area and I'm about to become a SAHM too! My last day at work is next Saturday, and I couldn't be happier!

hippiemama
10-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey HippieMama, we both live in the same area and I'm about to become a SAHM too! My last day at work is next Saturday, and I couldn't be happier!
Hey good for you! Its worth it - I promise you.
I've been home six years now. My teen is a junior in highschool, my daughter is now in 1st grade and my son is in preK 2x a week. I do homedaycare to help make ends meet and work at Curves for women 3 nights a week to afford the preK for my son lol.
I'm coming to an end. I've started putting out resumes now that my boy is finally adjusting to preschool and I'm hoping within the next 6 months to pick up a position back in my field and go back to work. My dh will cut back hours so the boy would only be in daycare 8am-3pm - same hours as the girls in school.
anyway, totally off topic he he he - but nice to talk to you!

Will keep you guys posted on if/when the fitness video shoot happens and if i'm going to get to do both disneyland AND be in a workout video :)
thanks for letting me ramble today

Katran
10-15-2006, 06:37 PM
I hope it works out for you! :)

mommy-san
10-15-2006, 06:48 PM
getawaytoday didn't have a huge fee to change... $10.00 to change day or $50 to cancel altogether.
Good luck, i hope it works out!

Rockchalker
10-15-2006, 07:11 PM
sorry yes - sahm means stayhome mama - as in , i've been home out of my career for 6 years and money is tight. Lots of sacrifice financially to raise your kids and be home in our modern world.

Yes, but speaking for working moms we could own 2 houses for the amount we will be paying for daycare for our 4 1/2 year old DD and soon to be here (Wednesday) DS. So financial sacrifices all the way around to have children these days....

hippiemama
10-16-2006, 05:50 AM
Yes, but speaking for working moms we could own 2 houses for the amount we will be paying for daycare for our 4 1/2 year old DD and soon to be here (Wednesday) DS. So financial sacrifices all the way around to have children these days....
Ain't that the truth~
You are absolutely right. Our society is still set up that families have to struggle - no win. If you stay home with your kids money is too tight, if you work and send your kids to daycare money is too tight.

anyway,
getawaytoday didn't have a huge fee to change... $10.00 to change day or $50 to cancel altogether. this is a HUGE relief to me, if its only $10 to change the days from wed/thur to mond/tues - is it $10 per person? Guess I need to call them and ask.
Hopefully i'll have some news this week since we're now 3 weeks out.

MammaSilva
10-16-2006, 06:27 AM
First of all let me say congratulations on the weight loss and fitness level! No real words of wisdom, just sending positive vibes that you can shift the dates around so you don't have to choose!

Katran
10-16-2006, 08:02 AM

Ain't that the truth~
You are absolutely right. Our society is still set up that families have to struggle - no win. If you stay home with your kids money is too tight, if you work and send your kids to daycare money is too tight.

I totally agree. I'm able to quit work because my husband got a new job a few months ago that pays more than he and I were making at our old jobs combined. But we're also making some sacrifices to make it happen. A friend gave us a 11-year-old car that is still in really good shape, totally FREE, so we are getting rid of our two newer cars (even though it really breaks my heart to get rid of my minivan) so we can have no car payments. We're going to save up and pay cash for a newer minivan, just in case the old car croaks (and also because with my husband's work schedule and the school and church activities my kids and I are involved in, it will be a real struggle to get by on one car, but we're going to do it for awhile). We got rid of our cable and internet for awhile, though we recently were able to get them back. In spite of gaining nearly 30 pounds in the past year and a half I'm still squeezing into most of my old clothes. And we bought a 30-year-old mobile home (though a surprisingly nice one) and because of that we have a house payment that is less than most people in our area pay for a 1-bedroom apartment. So we've made some sacrifices, but they are SO worth it! Really, can you call it a sacrifice if you don't mind giving it up? I honestly wouldn't say we've sacrificed much, even though I know we've made a lot of "sacrifices", if you understand what I mean.

And Kuhoops, congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your son! :D

newportbeachbumz
10-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I used to work for an infomercial company and was involved in the production of them. If they wanted to they could shoot the scenes that you will actually be in on the days you are available and use the other time to do other stuff - usually infomercials are longer so they involve way more footage than a commercial. The other thing going for you is that they seem to be scheduled out far out in advance. Hopefully they are able to be more flexible with their shooting schedule.

Congrats on the weightloss.

hippiemama
10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
I used to work for an infomercial company and was involved in the production of them. If they wanted to they could shoot the scenes that you will actually be in on the days you are available and use the other time to do other stuff - usually infomercials are longer so they involve way more footage than a commercial. The other thing going for you is that they seem to be scheduled out far out in advance. Hopefully they are able to be more flexible with their shooting schedule.

Congrats on the weightloss.

actually the infomercial shoot was last april. This shoot is for a workout/fitness video . So its all in one - one full day of shooting the entire thing.

still no n ews, lol, but will keep you posted. we're 3 weeks out now

I Heart Disneyland!
10-16-2006, 08:52 PM
hippiemama.....I just wanted to say that I hope it all works out for you to do both. Your accomplishment of losing the weight with that workout system is so amazing and for them to ask that you be in their video sounds great! You have my respect for doing the weight loss the healthy way!!!! I wish you the best of luck and will say a prayer for you! Keep us posted.

Leofoenget
10-17-2006, 09:04 AM
WOW I'm so excited for you that you lost all that weight with her vidios! I have them guess i need to get back to using them!

Won't you get paid for the shoot? Can't you use the extra $$ to re book another trip?A longer better one? I think you should really try to do both.

hippiemama
10-18-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm so excited I could pee. lol

They're filming November 7th in Pittsburg and I'm going :)
Working on the details of reservations and stuff now but its a go!!!

I'm so excited.

Looks like i'll fly in Monday afternoon, we'll shoot tuesday and i'll fly home early Wednesday. We'll leave for disneyland wednesday afternoon - lol - i already changed our reservations! I had no idea it was only $10 to change. so i paid $20 - our change fee, and for the other family to change theirs. They were FINE with going a day later!

Just had to share - I cannot believe how cool this is!!!

It all worked out :)

and yes, leofoenget - get out your walk away the pounds videos! lol. THey work!

I'm not sure they'll pay us or not - they did give me a "gift" when I did the testimonial shoot for my expenses. But dh will miss some work the days I'm gone so that may just cover that. lol

I don't care! I get to do the video AND THEn go to disneyland - its the perfect week! woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hippiemama
10-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm so excited I could pee. lol

I've been asked by Leslie Sansone studios to join the other two women who did the testimonial shoot with me last april to be in Leslies new fitness video. They're filming November 7th in Pittsburg and I'm going :)
Working on the details of reservations and stuff now but its a go!!!

I'm so excited.

Looks like i'll fly in Monday afternoon, we'll shoot tuesday and i'll fly home early Wednesday. We'll leave for disneyland wednesday afternoon - lol - i already changed our reservations! Once I found out it was only $10 to change the rservations I went for it - changed ours and paid for the other family going with us - they had no problem going one day later! woohoo!

Just had to share - I cannot believe how cool this is!!!

Barb

MammaSilva
10-18-2006, 05:03 PM
I"m sure the mods will merge these but congrats to being able to do both!

Katran
10-18-2006, 05:16 PM
That is such great news! I'm so stoked for you! I'm so glad you get to do both. That is the best way it could have worked out and I'm glad it did. :D

hippiemama
10-18-2006, 09:23 PM
yah, they merged it lol.
thanks guys! i'm so happy!