PDA

View Full Version : December Park Schedule now up:

pisces
10-15-2006, 01:04 PM
I think they just put it up. Believe me, everyday, for weeks I've been checking, and I hadn't seen it until today.

THE GOOD: Electrical Parade begins Dec. 15, every night in DCA at 8:45 pm

THE BAD: 2nd Christmas Fantasy Parade at 6:30 pm----too early! Last year the second showing started at 7:45 pm.

CHALLENGES: Trying to view the entire Electrical Parade at 8:45, and make it back to see the Fireworks at 9:25 pm. (I think it can be done, I seem to remember achieving that last year, although being out of breath from running so fast!)

Also, they don't have all the special entertainment for NYE listed. I have my NYE brochure from last year, somewhere, floating around, if anyone wants to see a sample of all the special shows and midnight fireworks etc.

pisces
10-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Something else I didn't see:

The tree lighting !

Last year, I remember, every day at dusk? they listed on the Schedule, a special ceremony for turning the lights on, on the tree at both at DCA, and the main tree in the Park.

---Also the daily Small World lighting ceremony.

Maybe they'll still have the special daily lighting ceremonies, but just not listed on the calendar.

I hope so, as I missed out on those last year.

samkj
10-15-2006, 01:30 PM
THE BAD: 2nd Christmas Fantasy Parade at 6:30 pm----too early! Last year the second showing started at 7:45 pm.

I loved the 7:45 parade. Main Street near the castle cleared out afterwards, we were able to go in and get great bench seats for the fireworks immediately following the parade, with only an hour or so wait.

pisces
10-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I liked 7:45 because I'd have time to linger over a leisurely dinner at 5, with still plenty of time more to find a spot for parade viewing, and get situated.

6:30 doesn't leave a lot of time for dinner beforehand, at least a half-hour more to go through the main gates, and find an appropriate spot...without rushing.

cstephens
10-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Small World Holiday lighting was really nice. I remember seeing it at least once last year, and the first time was totally by accident. I think it was around 5pm or so.

They have a tree lighting of the tree inside the Reindeer Roundup as well. We never managed to catch it last year but I'm planning to see it this year just to see.

Completely by accident, we were on Small World mall during the Sunday of Candlelight and happened to have a great view of the processional coming out of the Fantasyland Theatre. Candelight isn't my thing, but seeing that was pretty cool.

pisces
10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
I love watching the lights go on.

That's one of my favorite things in Vegas......to watch all the lights come on, and they each come on at different times.

I wish I knew what time sundown was....but places don't always turn their lights on at the exact moment of sundown.

Which is why it would be nice to have an official time when they are doing all these tree lightings.

I'd like to watch the lights of the Castle come on.

They don't need a ceremony for that, though.