PDA

View Full Version : A Bug's Life

joannabanana
10-15-2006, 12:31 PM
My BF and I are going to Disneyland on Friday. To prepare for our visit we rewatched the original Pirates of the Carribean and the Nightmare before Christmas. We also watched A Bug's Life for the first time last night.

I thought ABL was really cute and had some fun clever moments. But I'm not sure it was special enough to make a whole LAND devoted to it at DCA. What do y'all think?

??????????????

MaraMouse
10-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Don't miss the Its Tough To Be A Bug show, I remember not knowing what to expect and was really amazed at all the surprises. The queue is really neat too, its like you're going deeper and deeper into an ant hole.

Rhiannon8404
10-15-2006, 02:52 PM
But I'm not sure it was special enough to make a whole LAND devoted to it at DCA. What do y'all think?
I think the "It's a Bug's Land" area really works. It's pretty cool the way everything is big and it makes you feel little. It's perfect for little kids.

junglemom
10-15-2006, 03:02 PM
I love the Bug's Land area. The popsicle stick benches are so cute. The whole land is themed great, I love taking my kids there. Even my 11 year old doesn't mind making a pitstop. Unfortunately only one of my kids isn't afraid of ITTBAB.

twist1980
10-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I think the "It's a Bug's Land" area really works. It's pretty cool the way everything is big and it makes you feel little. It's perfect for little kids.

I agree. I had always skipped it until I was there in June! It is adorable, even for adults! I just love how you feel like you've been shrunk to the size of a bug! :) I also really liked Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train. If the wait is short, you have to do it! Very, very cute!

hippiemama
10-15-2006, 04:07 PM
we LOVED it.
we loved the show, especially the end lol. My then 5yo daughter still talks about it. We'll go again this year for sure! lol

Katran
10-15-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm personally not big on A Bug's Life, but my kids absolutely love it and the show was pretty darn good. I think we need to remember that Disney is for people of ALL ages, and that what appeals to kids won't always appeal to us adults and vice versa. I think Disney has done a pretty good job of appealing to all ages, but you can't expect to please everyone.

mistofviolets
10-15-2006, 05:55 PM
The Bugs Life area totally rocks!

My dd has not seen the movie, and that was her favorite part of the whole trip. Her whole demeanor was "Now, THIS I know what to do with."

It won't appeal to everyone, and I'm sure that people who are not with kids could easily skip the area. But, we sat there for quite awhile and there were plenty of adults who popped in just to cool off in the sprinklers :D

Anyways...it was very inventive, and enjoyable.

Another Dimension
10-16-2006, 01:09 AM
I like Bugs Land, it's ok.
It's a fun place to ride a few simple things with short waits and hang out in the shadow of the Tower sometimes.

But It's Tough to Be a Bug gets ***** stars from me and it's always to fun see! :~D