PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Suites~Disney Hotels

kisroo
10-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Just wondering if those of you who have stayed in any of the Disney hotel suites would be willing to offer up opinions. I'm in charge of organizing our extended family trip (of course...knowing the Disney :geek: that I am!!). There will be 6 adults and 2 kids so I was thinking that paying for a suite would be more appropriate than 3 individual rooms but also want to make sure that we have space. Concierge would definitely be utilized by our group and we plan on adding this if it doesn't come with the room type. Mr kisroo and I are quite attached to the GCH but I'll go for whichever hotel has the most appropriate accommodations for our needs.

So, a few questions:

1. Size? How many people could comfortably stay (family members)? Number of bedrooms available? What types of beds (queen, king...) How many baths? Common areas~what did it entail (e.g., living room, dining...)?

2. Did you have concierge level service that was included in the suite price? I seem to recall that several of the suites in the DLH (and some in the GCH) do not automatically include concierge.

3. Location of the suites in DLH and/or PP? I know where they are located in GCH but am not sure of the other two hotels.

4. Connecting room capability? Again, I know that the GCH can guarantee connecting rooms for some of the suites, but is it the same in either DLH or PP?

5. Your opinion on the rooms themselves in terms of space, amenities, decor...We've seen the El Capitan suite and the Arroyo (?) suite in the GCH but not the suites in the DLH, PP, or the Artisan suites in the GCH.

Thanks in advance for any help, everyone!!

~kisroo:)

10-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Our family (2 kids, 2 adults) went with Grandpa in 1998 so it's awhile ago but room configurations don't change much, I wouldn't think. We didn't stay concierge but we should have.

We had a three-room suite: bedroom, living room, bedroom, two baths. Both bedrooms had a queen bed, the living room had a fold-out couch. The suite was on the first floor so we also had a patio with a picnic table - very nice for room service.

The décor undoubtedly has been refurbished. It was lovely, Oriental, very subdued, luxe but with Disney soaps and Do Not Disturb signs.

disneyluvnmama
10-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Our family (2 kids, 2 adults) went with Grandpa in 1998 so it's awhile ago but room configurations don't change much, I wouldn't think. We didn't stay concierge but we should have.

We had a three-room suite: bedroom, living room, bedroom, two baths. Both bedrooms had a queen bed, the living room had a fold-out couch. The suite was on the first floor so we also had a patio with a picnic table - very nice for room service.

The décor undoubtedly has been refurbished. It was lovely, Oriental, very subdued, luxe but with Disney soaps and Do Not Disturb signs.

Are both bathrooms full baths? We have 2 families sharing a suite next Sept. and were hoping they were. Thank you

samkj
10-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Here's info I found on another site about the size and options for suites. I have not checked this info for myself, but thought it might help.

1. At Paradise Pier
Guestrooms are 364 square feet; thus 2 would be 728 sqft; 2 full baths
1 bedroom junior suites; 792 sq ft, 2 full baths (9 jr suites)
Imperial suites are larger, and there are only 5 of them (800 - 1245 sq ft)

2. At Disneyland Hotel
Guestrooms are 364 or 415 sq ft; thus 2 would be 728 - 830; 2 full baths
Regal suites are 740 - 940 sq ft; 1 full, 1 1/2 bath (all 3 towers)
Royal suites are 740 sqft; 1 full bath only (Bonita tower only)
Ambassador Suite; 1400 sqft, 2 bedrooms, 2 full, 1 1/2 bath (Bonita)
California Suite; 1130 sqft as 1 br; (adj. avail); 1 full, 1 1/2 bath (Sierra)
Penthouse Suite; 1770 sqft, 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths; bath 3 w/shower (Sierra)
Presidential Suite; 1320 sq ft main rm; 1684 as 1 br, (adj avail); 1 full bath, 1 1/2 ba. (Sierra)
Marina Suite; 3400 Sqft; 1 br; 1 full, 1 1/2 bath; (Marina tower)

3. At Grand Californian
Guestrooms are 353 sqft; thus 2 would be 706, 2 full baths.
Artisan 1 br suites (694 - 793 sqft) 1 full bath
Arroyo (VP Suite) 1604 sq ft, 1 BR; 1 full, 1 1/2 bath; (adj rm avail)
Arcadia (VP Ste) 1719 sq ft; (same as Arroyo)
Mt Whitney (Pres Ste) 1990 sqft; 1 HUGE split bath, 1 1/2 ba; office; (adj rm avail)
El Capitan (Pres Ste) 1987 sqft; basically the same as Mt Whitney.

babytmakes5
10-15-2006, 06:00 PM
We were booked for a two bedroom suite for our family of five, but they ran out! We were set up in a one bedroom suite with an adjoining double queen room. It was really nice and more than enough room. It was at the end of the hall, so we had no noise whatsoever, a nice view of the dancing water show, and three bathrooms (2 full, 1 half). We could have easily had six adults in the room, plus there was a sofa sleeper for the kiddies. Have fun!

kisroo
10-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Very cool list, samkj! Thanks!

Thanks everyone~

I am curious why WDT doesn't let you book concierge level with DLH suites when you first book. It seems to me if you specifically book one of the suites in the Sierra tower then it shouldn't be a problem since that's where the concierge lounge is located.

Anyone know the reason and/or how to guarantee concierge at the DLH?

samkj
10-16-2006, 06:33 AM
Anyone know the reason and/or how to guarantee concierge at the DLH?

I think you have to call resort room reservations directly, not WDT. When I called and asked about concierge I was told it was an additional $150 per night, plus 15% room tax at the DLH for 2007 (I believe this is up from $125 in 2006) The number to call is (714) 956-6425.

MissyAZ
07-12-2007, 12:27 PM
I want to thank you all for your assistance. My family of six is staying ni a 2 bedroom suite at DLH for 4 nights later this month. I was becoming very frustrated that I could get no assistance in setting up Concierge service when I was springing for an upgraded room.
I had made my reservations through WDWT on the website. After reading posts here I called and got through to the Front desk. They were finally able to secure this upgrade for an additional $125 per night. I am very relieved as my two youngest sons, 5 and 3 get scared by loud fireworks. We wanted to make sure there would be someplace safe they can watch if our room doesn't have the best view.
We are all very excited about our trip.

rmarino74
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlm/en_US/index?id=ResortHotelOverviewPage

Go to this page and they have every suite at every hotel with their photos, 360 views and floor plans available.

We stayed in the Arcadia Suite at the GCH and it is on the top floor with Concierge. The room itself is 1,700 square feet and was perfect with a large living area, dining room and full kitchen as I recall. You can add an attached room with two beds and it will easily fit your group. The price is about $2,000-$3,000 per night depending upon availability and such.