PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Personalized Disneyland Guidebook?

Bluesky
10-14-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm going to DLR next week (yay!) for two days. I'll be going with my pregnant friend, her SO, and their 18 month old child. They haven't been in many, many years & it will be the baby's first visit.

I like to make little books as a guide for my travels & I've been putting one together for this trip. Here's what I have so far - any other suggestions? I'm just looking for a quick reference guide to supplement the maps & my knowledge (which is vast to them, little to most on this board:)).

Important phone #s (our cell #s, mostly)
Our hotel info (including a map of the hotel in relation to DLR)
The official Disneyland & DCA schedule of events
A list of rides not recommended for pregnant ladies
Restroom info from Happiest Potties on Earth
Info on the Baby Care center
Recommended attractions for toddlers

Is there anything else I should mention?
They won't have this booklet until the night before we go.

Thanks!

MammaSilva
10-15-2006, 12:11 AM
If you know what she's craving you might include the locations to find those things...we were there with my 8 months pregnant niece our last trip and she is craving fresh fruit and sour..the perfect solution was the frozen lemonades, her hubby cruised all the hub and over into frontierland to find it for her, did I mention we were parked in front of Buzz Lightyear.

Bluesky
10-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks, MammaSilva - I'll have to see if I can figure out her cravings. Even thought they live in LA, we're staying at one of the closest hotels so she can rest if she needs to.

I just thought of another thing - instructions on Baby Swap. This would be the 1st time any of us have used it.

mistofviolets
10-15-2006, 11:28 AM
How about a couple Ridemax printouts to minimize time on her feet?

We printed out several copies and kept them with us...I did crazy things like typing in 2 favorite rides to go on 10 times...and then when we were ready to go on something we could reference it.

Include a space to keep stroller rental info.

Kid friendly meeting spots if you guys happen to get seperated in certain areas (fliks fun fair in DCA, Tarzans Tree House; the wishing well by the castle)

Aprox ride times. I loved knowing about how long I was going to have to be sitting with my toddler. Sometimes she's totally up for being still for 20 minutes. Sometimes 5 is more than enough to ask. I know...the magic really does make it seem like time is unimportant, but especially when you're pregnant...sometimes it *is. Besides...it helps you figure out when to meet back if there's a line and half the group is going on something the other half isn't.

Bird&Belle
10-15-2006, 03:00 PM
I would include good locations for a break... favorite park benches, attractions that are more sitting than standing (the Tiki Room, HISTA, Billy Hill, etc), table service restaurants or those that are easier to navigate & kid friendly. Tom Sawyer's Island is a great place for little ones to run around and get the 'stuck in line forever' wiggles out and there are some nice sitting areas there for mom.

Bytebear
10-15-2006, 08:36 PM
I would include some off site information. Restaurants and shops Downtown Disney. Restaurants outside the park. Even close by malls or shops that might interest her. Does anyone know any good baby stores nearby?