PDA

View Full Version : New Print on Demand images at Disney Gallery, Disneyland

AVP
05-16-2002, 11:00 AM
Disneyland has announced that selected attraction poster images will be offered via the Print on Demand system at the Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square.

Below are the first attracton poster images available through the new technology:

20,000 Leagues under the Sea
Disneyland Hotel
Mad Tea Party
America the Beautiful - 2
Art of Animation
Monorail
Jungle River
Swiss Family Tree House
Pirates of the Caribbean 2
Mark Twain Riverboat

Additional images will be added to the system in the future. The images will be offered in a choice of two sizes, and two medium.

27" x 36" Paper Print 27" x 36" Canvas Print
36" x 48" Paper Print 36" x 48" Canvas Print

Lani
05-16-2002, 01:50 PM
Do you know how much they will be charging?

AVP
05-16-2002, 01:52 PM
I believe it's the same as the current 100 Mickeys print, but I am not 100% certain.

AVP

Techie7
05-16-2002, 05:50 PM
Not Affraid is going to be so happy. Chris hide the wallet! :D

HondaBoy
05-16-2002, 07:11 PM
The Canvas prints are absolutley beautiful, it cost me around $134 and some change unframed for the smaller sized one.

Tigertail777
05-17-2002, 12:02 AM
WOW! sounds like a fantastic souvineer, but do they have anything cheaper? maybe a postcard size print for around $50 are all of print on demand things that much???

Nigel2
05-17-2002, 12:09 AM
They have ones that are on paper and are like 35 and 45 dollars. The biggest problem I have with the canvas ones is that they say you shouldn't have them streched over a wood frame.

AVP
05-17-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
The biggest problem I have with the canvas ones is that they say you shouldn't have them streched over a wood frame.

Ack! This again! Before someone comes in and launches another war, here's what we learned last time this issue came up.

The canvas prints can apparently be stretched, but must be treated with a specific chemical compound before stretching to prevent flaking, etc, etc.

That said, some Gallery CMs are *still* telling people that they should not stretch the prints, and my local Aaron Bros. said that they wouldn't touch them. If you take them to a professional framer, they should know what to do.

AVP

Lani
05-17-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by AVP
If you take them to a professional framer, they should know what to do. Just an aside, but if you haven't gotten any prints framed at a professional frame shop, beware. Having a shop custom-frame your work CAN get quite expensive (and take a long time). Alex and I took our old "four mountains" print (yes, from back when the park was doing that celebration of the four mountains) to a local frame shop, and I think it cost over $200 to get a custom frame job on it. It's been over a month and we still haven't seen it.

skeleton@thewheel
05-17-2002, 09:16 AM
that's GREAT! I will czech it out this sunday!

thanks for the info AVP!

:D

Tigertail777
05-17-2002, 03:54 PM
are the paper ones done on archival acid free paper? Also is the paper fairly thick (like cotton weight), and is the paper printing long lasting, and just as vibrant as the canvas ones?

Nigel2
05-17-2002, 09:26 PM
I am surpised a little that they don't print the things on vinyl like they did with that one indy poster. But yeah custom framing is expensive. I have this cambodian thing where it's "pressed" or embossed into the fabric and it had to be framed a special way (I know since we had to go to 3 different places before someone said they could do it) so the image wouldn't get flattened.