PDA

View Full Version : Is there a special party during Christmas week?

hawaiimom
10-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Similar to the Halloween Treat? We're going to be there Dec23-26. There isn't any info yet on the DL website calendar but I was hoping there would be some special event for the nephews.

DisneyDustin22
10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
No special party, but about a million other people to share the park with. :D

PrincessLeia
10-12-2006, 06:41 PM
No separate-ticket event (that I've heard of), but some special Christmas stuff in the park. Last year they had a reindeer roundup in Frontierland with real reindeer and Santa. Also, take some time to stop by the Disneyland and GC Hotels, they will have special decorations, entertainment, etc that are fun.

The whole park is so festive that they will think it's a special party. It will be as special as you make it ;)

Yes, it will be busy so just get up and get to the parks early before it gets REALLY busy and you will be ready to exit for a nap and a sanity break just as it gets crowded in the afternoon.
Have fun!

TP2000
10-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Last year during those dates they had to shut the main entrance by about 10:30am and stop selling tickets because Disneyland had reached its maximum crowd capacity. So make sure you get an early start and get inside the park by mid morning or else you might not make it in before they shut the turnstiles.

Christmas is always the busiest week of the year at Disneyland. Always.

kikid
10-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Similar to the Halloween Treat? We're going to be there Dec23-26. There isn't any info yet on the DL website calendar but I was hoping there would be some special event for the nephews.
Making Gingerbread houses in DTD!:D

michael j buckhouse
10-13-2006, 10:15 AM
i would buy your tickets before you get there. Grocery stores, disney stores, etc.

hawaiimom
10-13-2006, 11:04 AM
So even if we've got tickets to the park already, if we're not in the park by the time they reach capacity we'll be stuck? I just booked through a travel agent DGC for Dec 23-27. It would be such a bummer to be in that hotel looking at the parks and not be able to go in.

We're then heading down to San Diego because they want to go to Legoland for a few days. Something about that new Pirate area.

adriennek
10-13-2006, 11:11 AM
So even if we've got tickets to the park already, if we're not in the park by the time they reach capacity we'll be stuck?

It's possible. At first they'll stop selling new tickets. Then they'll close the gates to anyone, except those staying at Disney hotels. In the recent past, they've guaranteed entry to guests staying at the hotels, but it IS possible that they would close the park to anyone, even if you have a ticket or have already been in that day. And they could change their minds and not guarantee entry to Resort guests.

Adrienne

pisces
10-13-2006, 05:38 PM
So even if we've got tickets to the park already, if we're not in the park by the time they reach capacity we'll be stuck? I just booked through a travel agent DGC for Dec 23-27. It would be such a bummer to be in that hotel looking at the parks and not be able to go in.

It wouldn't be the worst thing. At least you have a great hotel to wait it out in.

Also, you've always got California Adventure. I don't think DCA has ever closed for capacity, and certainly not to hotel guests.

I think you'd be ok for those dates, as long as you can get into to the Maingate by 9:00 am, and make sure to get a handstamp when you leave.

That's the major restriction: Restricting entry to only those who've already been in (handstamp). It's a pretty big leap , and takes a lot for them to go beyond handstamps and closing to everybody.....and even if they did that, chances are it would be temporary, and they'd start allowing re-entry after the Fireworks.

More toward the 29th, 30th, and 31st is when you might see them limit entry to everyone...

26th and 27th, my guess is it will only be limited to handstamps and stop selling tickets early......the way it was last year.

31st is the one to worry about, in terms of not being able to leave the Park with/or without handstamp.

pisces
10-13-2006, 05:46 PM
i would buy your tickets before you get there. Grocery stores, disney stores, etc.

I wouldn't.

I've gotten a much better deal by buying my tickets from the front-desk at the Hotel.

You might want to call, directly, the front-desk, and ask them what the prices are on length-of-stay tickets that they sell to guests at check-in.