PDA

View Full Version : Return of Barrage!

tabacco
05-16-2002, 04:55 AM
Yay!

Barrage is coming back to the Club Buzz stage on June 15!

http://www.barrage.org/tours.htm

Uncle Dick
05-16-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
Yay!

Barrage is coming back to the Club Buzz stage on June 15!

http://www.barrage.org/tours.htm
Hip hip hooray! Only Barrage and the Fab Four keep the level of disgrace surrounding Club Buzz at a relatively low level. I was very lucky to have caught them (by accident) last year on their last weekend in the park.

hbquikcomjamesl
05-16-2002, 07:40 AM
What's a barrage?

sydney
05-16-2002, 10:49 AM
Last year I loved catching the Canadian cast of Barrage several times over the course of the summer, and picked up their cd and DVD as well... but upon checking the website for the tour schedule, you can see that this year we will get the European cast here at the Park. Has anyone seen or heard this second cast? (doubtful, but thought I'd ask). I'm going to do my best not to just remember the great first cast we all saw... too bad they're spending the summer on tour...

Anyone have an opionion?

Well, I just thought I'd mention that it's possible that the reason the canadian cast wasn't booked for anaheim is that they're doing a full stage show now (as shown on their website).

Disney CM David
05-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Thats too bad, I really liked the redheaded violinist(even more so than the cymbalist from Blast! believe it or not), but I'll go see these new guys anyway. Now if we can just get the Fab Four back...

944Lifer
05-25-2002, 04:01 PM
Wow, I'm VERY glad to see Barrage coming back, even if it is the European group. From what I hear, they're just as good (though I know some purists would prefer the Canadian troupe, I'm interested to see if what I've heard is true).

I first saw Barrage at Disneyland in 1999, when I was visiting from Chicago. Then in 2000, I went to WDW and guess who was there? Yup, I got to see Barrage again at the World Showcase. Then, the kicker is that their tour took them to Chicago, where I caught their full show. If you think those 20-minute sets are good, you'd be amazed at the 2-hour show.

Now I'm heading back to work at Disneyland (I worked there for a few years before), and the date that Barrage starts is the day I start work. Hopefully I can beg my way into some Tomorrowland shifts during their run. If not, I forsee myself hanging out in Tomorrowland on my days off!

Rallymonkey23
05-25-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Hip hip hooray! I was very lucky to have caught them (by accident) last year on their last weekend in the park.

Thats about the same time we stumbled upon seeing the show! And was back for the final 2 shows that they played there. Absolutely amazing. This is gonna be hard......Barrage or Blast!....... though call....:(

KD Didd
05-26-2002, 11:28 AM
I caught the European cast at Epcot last October and they were equally as talented as the Canadians. Some songs have been added to their show, so things might be a little different this time around. No matter who you see, it is a great show!

It isn't mentioned in the schedule section of the Barrage website that the Canadians are booked to play a festival in Europe while the Europeans are booked at Disneyland. Seems a little backwards to me...

KD Didd
05-26-2002, 11:34 AM
hbquikcomjamesl -

Barrrage is a violin group that mixes styles with impressive energy and creativity. Two violin groups, actually. The first is mainly from Canada, and since they were so successful, management brought on another group, the Europeans. 7 violins, bass, guitar, and 2 percussionists, if memory serves. You can check them out at barrage.org

tabacco
05-26-2002, 10:28 PM
I really hope they do "Until We Meet Again." It's my all-time favorite song off their album :)