PDA

View Full Version : Ramada Inn

klgtraveler
10-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Has anyone stayed here? Its the one at the maingate. How is it?

RockDoc07
10-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I posted a review of this hotel on the hotel section of the site. You can check it out there and feel free to send me a private message if you have any further questions.

Bottom line, the hotel is absolutely worth it for the convenience of being right across the street, but you're not going to be lapping up luxury there. The pool is really nice if you have little ones though. I'd stay there again.

Enjoy!

Doc

tigga please
10-12-2006, 12:26 PM
I posted a review of this hotel on the hotel section of the site. You can check it out there and feel free to send me a private message if you have any further questions.

Bottom line, the hotel is absolutely worth it for the convenience of being right across the street, but you're not going to be lapping up luxury there. The pool is really nice if you have little ones though. I'd stay there again.

Enjoy!

Doc

agreed. pretty standard room and good location.

Goosegirl
10-12-2006, 12:37 PM
I would not stay there again. Yes, it was close. But for us that was the only selling feature. We had a wasp nest in our shower that had obviously been growing for quite some time. The shower was also broken.
Our room was right in front of the soda machine that was also broken. So all night long, we had people kicking and hitting it and swearing at it because they lost their money and did not get a soda. There was no sign posted saying it was out of order.
Our sheets did not go to the end of the bed and there was bare mattress underneath.

We had already prepaid through the WDTC and the Ramada would not give us another room. They said they were full. We asked to speak to the manager and were told the same thing. So if we had just left, we would have lost our money on the hotel. Fortunately we were only there for 2 nights.

This was in July a few years ago. It may have gotten better since then but we will never stay there again.

Swhite
10-13-2006, 05:17 AM
We have stayed here many times. The pool is really nice, it is close, and the rooms are not bad.

However, we have always paid around $69/night. The great price is why we stay. This year I couldn't find a room for less than $99/night. With Disney's stay 3/get 1 free promotion, the PP's rooms are only 120-something per night. For 20-30 more, is it worth it to go to PP instead? Heck ya! So that's where we are staying in November!!

backsthepack
10-13-2006, 06:04 AM
We have stayed there 3 times in recent years. It is not fancy, to say the least! But it was comfortable and our rooms have always been clean. It is never my first choice. We have always stayed there when we have planned last minute trips and couldn't find rooms any where else. We have been able to get rooms there for as little as $54.00 per night. The staff is nice. The maid service lacks a little. Several times when we return to rest up a bit at around 2-3pm we have had to wait for the maids to get done before we could get back into our rooms.

michael j buckhouse
10-13-2006, 10:11 AM
i have stayed at the ramada inn before. I like the price and it is close to Disneyland. You can buy your disney park tickets there (a big plus on a busy time).

Breakfast is not the greatest, but it serves the purpose before going to the park.

I am staying there in late december paying $99 a night for two nights. Can't wait...:)

klgtraveler
10-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks, everyone! I really only plan on sleeping there because I'll be at the parks all day, but it's good to know what Im getting into.

PirateSmile
10-13-2006, 12:51 PM
It's an OK hotel, nothing special. Very convenient, though. :)