PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Please [Character Photographs Needed]

SunRayz
10-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I am in a desperate need of some help. I have just come back from a week at Disneyland, had a blast. Took my film in to get developed (have not yet jumped into the digital world, but after this, I will be purchasing a digital camera) only to find out that all 14 rolls of my film could not be developed due to over exposure. I am wondering if there is any place that i can at least get pictures of the characters at both theme parks and at Universal to have some sort of memories for my son. All help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Drince88
10-12-2006, 04:04 AM
Did you fly? Where did you put your film? If it was in your checked bag either direction, that could be your culprit, not the camera.

I'd check out the photo update sticky thread in this forum, and contact the photographer of any that you would like prints of to see if they'd be willing to let you use theirs. SOME photo-sharing websites even are set up specifically to obtain prints, so if someone uploaded and shared from one of those, it would be an easy process (but even then, I'd still contact the photographer as a courtesy).

DianeM
10-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Why not make a scrapbook with written memories? While the trip is still fresh, sit down with each family member who went to the park and talk about what you enjoyed most. Focus on little things, like "I got more points than mom on Buzz Lightyear Astroblaster" or "I saw a Pirate". If your son is old enough to write, have him write down a few highlights. Then get a Disney themed notebook and make a little scrapbook, using images from Google Images (just type "Disneyland" into the search - they have a ton of images). With the personal memories, you'll have a much better memory book for your son than just a few photographs.

I am in a desperate need of some help. I have just come back from a week at Disneyland, had a blast. Took my film in to get developed (have not yet jumped into the digital world, but after this, I will be purchasing a digital camera) only to find out that all 14 rolls of my film could not be developed due to over exposure. I am wondering if there is any place that i can at least get pictures of the characters at both theme parks and at Universal to have some sort of memories for my son. All help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You

bradk
10-12-2006, 01:34 PM
you can check out my photos at http://bradk.smugmug.com/photography

i have a lot of photos of individual characters at both DL/DCA and WDW as well as Universal Orlando.

is there someone in particular you need? i can direct you to the photos as my filing system isn't the best.

Rockchalker
10-12-2006, 03:50 PM
Thank You

Wow, I feel so awful for you! :crying: This is a mother's worse nightmare. Have you thought about postcards? If I did not live in Colorado and am 39 weeks pregnant, I would have been more than willing to send you postcards of all the different characters or taken my digital camera to DLR and taken generic character photos to e-mail to you. Since my daughter was born in 2002 every trip we have made to DL or WDW we have sent her home postcards from the characters saying how nice it was to meet her (and to continue to be good so she can come back and visit.) Good luck!

hbquikcomjamesl
10-12-2006, 04:05 PM
1. Never, ever put live film in checked bags when flying.
2. When carrying film through airport security, request hand inspection. You're legally entitled to it at all U.S. airports. But make it easy on the screeners.
3. When traveling, don't wait until you get home to get your film processed.

4. A custom lab might be able to salvage some of your pictures. It depends on what the film looks like.

bassett1976
10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Feel free to look at my pictures. I have bunches of pics from DL and WDW. Look at the link below.

DaddyB
10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
I try to put characters into my photo updates.... check them out here:

www.visionsfantastic.org (http://www.visionsfantastic.org)

bassett1976
10-12-2006, 08:26 PM
I try to put characters into my photo updates.... check them out here:

www.visionsfantastic.org (http://www.visionsfantastic.org)

Daddy B, YOUR BACK! I have no idea what happened but it sounds like things are going better for you!

Oh, and thanks for the pictures.

PAPACITO
10-12-2006, 10:28 PM
I met this one dude on the tram a few times and he told me of a web sight he runs. This sight is for the cast members who work as characters. He takes their pictures and posts them (with permission) on the internet of them in costume.

It is the ultimate collection of charaters on the net.

I dont know why I never posted this before.
Check it out!!!
http://www.disneycastmagic.com/

He even has recent pictures of the new Jedi show.

SunRayz
10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanx everyone for all of your awesome ideas...we will have a blast making up the scrap book.
Thanx Again.