PDA

View Full Version : How Disneyland Resort gets your $

alfredo212
10-10-2006, 06:05 PM
After the reading todays article, I thought I'd add this. Ever notice when you leave the park, why the closest walkway to the trams is blocked? They make you go around the water fountain, to the other walkway, which just happens to be facing the ginormous entrance to the World of Disney store. Clever way to get those last minute shoppers in the door.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3461/disneywalkwayxf9.th.jpg (http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=disneywalkwayxf9.jpg)

Disnerd
10-10-2006, 07:06 PM
No the decision to use the stairs instead of the ramp was made after the area opened in 2000. It was found that people would bunch up at the ramp trying to get onto the first cars of the trams. By routing them to the stairs the crowds disperse from the center of the tram left and right making it easier and faster to load the trams. This pattern of loading was started months before World of Disney opened in January of 2001.

Darkbeer
10-10-2006, 07:24 PM
^Alas, it is a problem for those who cannot use stairs.... :(

Disnerd
10-10-2006, 08:01 PM
There are two other ramps that are open. One past the poppy fountain and the other one at the rock fountain near Naples. There are a total of three ramps to the south side tram. Only the first ramp on the poppy fountains closest side gets closed. Any entrance to the front of the trams get crowded by the strollers trying to get on the front car.

darph nader
10-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Ahh. The 'Magical' crowbar.Of course they have the same 'inside' the parks. Can you say "ride theme gift shoppes"? sure you can.

cstephens
10-13-2006, 11:48 PM
After the reading todays article, I thought I'd add this. Ever notice when you leave the park, why the closest walkway to the trams is blocked? They make you go around the water fountain, to the other walkway, which just happens to be facing the ginormous entrance to the World of Disney store. Clever way to get those last minute shoppers in the door.

But they route you that way even when WoD is closed.

olegc
10-14-2006, 06:25 AM

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3461/disneywalkwayxf9.th.jpg (http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=disneywalkwayxf9.jpg)

they may route you towards that direction - but they are not forcing anyone to buy before they board the tram. C'mon, folks, let's all take some responsibility for ourselves too.

Stupid_American
10-14-2006, 06:55 AM
They only block that access during busier times.
It helps with the "first tram" syndrome and also allows those departing the tram to exit.

Disnerd
10-14-2006, 09:58 PM
If they really wanted your money the tram would have stopped inside The World of Disney to unload.

Vegitabeta
10-15-2006, 06:40 AM
If they really wanted your money the tram would have stopped inside The World of Disney to unload.
Good point!

DadandFamily
10-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Many of the rides port out to gift stores, so why shouldn't the exit?

disneyhound
10-15-2006, 07:30 AM

Or, at the tram drop-off point, there would be one last merchandize location!

And then, last minute gift dispensing machines as you walk through the parking structure, of course they would take credit cards!

And maybe, an on-line order form/catalog on every windshield under your wiperblade, so you can shop from your computer as soon as you get home!

I hope TDA does not like my ideas!

Katran
10-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Or, at the tram drop-off point, there would be one last merchandize location!

And then, last minute gift dispensing machines as you walk through the parking structure, of course they would take credit cards!

And maybe, an on-line order form/catalog on every windshield under your wiperblade, so you can shop from your computer as soon as you get home!

I hope TDA does not like my ideas!

Well, we'll all know who to blame if we start seeing those things at the parks, lol! ;)

The Fairest Beauty
10-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Aww, what's wrong with having all those ride themed stores? I love them! I really don't mind spending my money on stuff from Disney that I know I will cherish for almost ever. lol I like the World of Disney store b/c if you forgot to buy something you wanted in the park they will usually have it there. So...yeah bring on the tram stopping inside of WoD!!! XD

Vegitabeta
10-16-2006, 03:53 AM
Aww, what's wrong with having all those ride themed stores? I love them! I really don't mind spending my money on stuff from Disney that I know I will cherish for almost ever. lol I like the World of Disney store b/c if you forgot to buy something you wanted in the park they will usually have it there. So...yeah bring on the tram stopping inside of WoD!!! XD
I'm with you, I love all the merchandise...my money doesn't, but I do:)

Katran
10-16-2006, 07:51 AM
Agreed. What's a trip to Disneyland without some souveniers?