PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Question

mjjpower
10-10-2006, 02:26 PM
I am planning a trip with our family to Disneyland. I just read that there is a candlelight processional on the Saturday and Sunday...what is this? I have not booked airfare yet but we were planning on arriving that Wednesday night (11/29) and staying through the week-end...sounds like it might be really busy.

Mary Jane
Silverdale WA

Sosai X
10-10-2006, 09:20 PM
It's a devotional held at Disneyland to welcome in the Christmas spirit. A large procession of cast members and guests make their way down Main Street to Town Square, where they gather on a large stage and sing Christmas songs (the religious ones about the birth of Jesus, not the secular Frosty or Rudolph ones). Usually a celebrity or famous Disney-fied personage will be the host, and reads a Christmas message and reads the Nativity from the Bible. Last year was Dick Van Dyke. It is a very moving event. Highly recommended.

stan4d_steph
10-11-2006, 05:42 AM
It will be much busier on the days of the Candlelight Processional, so if you aren't interested in attending, you might consider shifting to the following week and weekend.

Also, if you search this forum using the keywords candlelight and/of processional, you will find many previous threads on the subject.

mjjpower
10-11-2006, 11:39 AM
It sounds beautiful...thank you for explaining it. Does the park close right after that?