PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana Inn

joannabanana
10-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Has anyone ever stayed at the Tropicana Inn? How are the beds, the walk to the park, etc???

Thanks!

sandmannn69
10-10-2006, 02:55 PM
We've stayed at the Tropicana twice, and found it to be well worth the money. It's right across from the entrance to the park, so about the shortest walk. The beds are nice (queens), the maid service good, and the rooms we had were quiet and clean. Bathrooms very good, refrigerator and microwave very convenient. Can't remember if we used the pool/jacuzzi?? We were very satisfied, and have reserved again for 1st week of Nov. Another good one is the Carousel Inn, which is right next door, but a few $ more.

joannabanana
10-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Thank you so much for replying sandmann69! You rock the Kasbah!:)

jazzysmom
10-10-2006, 03:50 PM
As a travel agent, I book my clients at the Tropicana often. I've never had a complaint. I have also stayed there myself & would gladly stay again. I would classify it as budget/moderate. It has a lot of good points. The location is excellent, it is a comparable walk to the walk from the Disneyland hotel. It is way quicker to walk back to your room here then to wait for the ART shuttles. I think the price is good, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Having a fridge and micro can help you save some money too! Bottom line: This property is all about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

FatAl
10-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I stayed there last summer. I agreed with all the posts except for it's bed. The beds were very noisy. It's sounded like sleeping over a plastic wrap each time I moved.

ArielleBelle
10-10-2006, 07:19 PM
we ahve stayedhere about 3 or 4 times. and really like this hotel! We are staying there next week for 5 days! Can't wait!

Love DL
10-11-2006, 07:46 AM
I stayed there in May and won't be going back. The guy that checked us in was very friendly and professional. He gave us our room keys. We opened the door and the room was still occupied by another guest! Luckily they weren't standing there naked when we opened the door and we didn't cause them to have a heart attack.
We got another room and an apology. The room was clean, no problems. I requested a roll away bed and it was delivered. We had used one before at the Candy Cane and it was fine. The one at the Tropicana was like trying to sleep on a crushed bag of chips. We ended up not using it and requested it be taken away and we not be charged.
We left early to go to DL the next day, placing the Please Make Up This Room tag on the door. We came back at 3:00 p.m. to nap and the room was unmade and the rollaway still there. As soon as we got into bed, the maid knocked at the door. We were so tired we just told her not to clean that day.
When each of these things happened we went to the front desk and complained. They were always polite but didn't offer anything but apologies. We talked to the manager when we checked out and he did the same. For a two night stay that was riddled with problems, I expected at least a discount on our stay.
We usually stay at the Candy Cane but tried this property to try and save some money and still be close to the park. It was not worth the hassle.

stan4d_steph
10-11-2006, 09:58 AM
You can check out user-submitted reviews in our database here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrtropicanainnandsuites).

joannabanana
10-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Thank you everyone for your great responses!

stacyq
10-11-2006, 12:32 PM
I stayed there once, and will never stay there again. It is about the same quality as a motel 6. The beds do have plastic covers over the mattress that are quite loud. The worst part was that they were very busy when we stayed. So on the day we checked out they told us we could not leave our car there. We had to drive to Disneyland and pay to park there. If I have to stay at an off property hotel again, I will stick to Howard Johnson's.

JookyG
10-11-2006, 01:25 PM
I stayed there last summer. I agreed with all the posts except for it's bed. The beds were very noisy. It's sounded like sleeping over a plastic wrap each time I moved.

They put plastic covers over the mattresses to protect against kiddie pee. A good thing, in my opinion, since I don't like sleeping on a stinky mattress. But I can't sleep on them--they're really noisy and they don't breathe so I get really hot.

However, all you have to do is call ahead and request that the plastic sheets be removed. I was even able to request this when I booked online through their website, and when I arrived for my late check-in, it had already been taken care of.

I always stay at the Tropicana and have never had problems.

disneyhound
10-11-2006, 02:22 PM
We stayed at the Tropicanna in early 2004, before the remodel, we preferred BWPPI and Carousel. But I am tempted to stay again, they have gotten good reviews lately.

cstephens
10-11-2006, 11:05 PM
That's our hotel of choice if we're staying locally to visit the resort. We're actually going to be staying there in the very near future. We've stayed there 2 or 3 times previously, and it's a place I'd definitely recommend.