PDA

View Full Version : Our brush with fame...

MickeyandMe
10-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Last Wednesday while on our trip to Disneyland we decided to spend part of the day taking the boys to Hollywood and the Disney Soda Fountain, as well as Santa Monica area beaches. We walked into the Soda Fountain and the boys wanted to sit at the counter, so we sat at the counter on the back side. There was obviously some sort of meeting going on in the attached theater (the El Capitan) that had just let out. Right after we sat down, one of the Disney people from the theater area walked two men over to the two seats at the end of the counter, right next to my husband, and told the girl behind the counter to get a Peppermint Sundae and two scoops of vanilla ice cream with warm carmel sauce for the two men. I was trying to read the name tags they were wearing to see what the meeting was about or if they were anyone important :p. I thought I saw Pixar on one of the name tags.......it turns out it was John Lasseter and Ed Catmull - the two heads of Disney-Pixar Studios! Lasseter never turned completely around so that I could confirm his name on his nametag, so I couldn't confirm it was him until we got home and I looked him up on the internet - it was definitely him!

I asked the soda fountain girl what the meeting was about (the name tags all said Summit 2006) and she said it was basically a meeting of all the Disney bigwigs from around the world. :eek:

So that was my big "Disney" brush with fame.

stan4d_steph
10-10-2006, 05:32 AM
Cool story. Thanks for sharing it! That soda fountain sounds really great. I haven't been there yet, but hopefully someday I will. :)