PDA

View Full Version : Changing Reservations

lotsafuzz
05-15-2002, 04:35 PM
Hello All.

I've got a standard room at DLH for June 6-June 8 with the AP rate of $99.

I've been hearing such wonderful things about the rooms with a park view (which I was quoted at $129) that I'm very tempted to change my reservations to a room with a view.

Question: Is it *really* worth the extra $$? Also, do you think it could be a problem changing my reservations? They won't cancel my first reservation only to find out there is nothing left leaving me out of a room, will they?

mikala
05-15-2002, 04:43 PM
:) Hello-

Normally all you have to do is call the reservation line at 714-956-mickey. Let them know you have an existing reservation, but were thinking of upgrading. Ask them to check the availability. They should be able to tell you right there if it is available. If it is then switch it if you wish.

The only way you could lose the reservation all together is if you cancel it without booking something else, and try to regain it with no availability.

I, love the suites at Disneyland Hotel (they are at the very top, corner), but whatever you choose-have a great time.

Caio, Mikala

lotsafuzz
05-15-2002, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info!

I'm a bit confused though, are all the 'view' rooms suites?

coronamouseman
05-15-2002, 08:40 PM
What actually constitutes a "view" room at DLH? Don't two of the three towers face North/South rather than West/East (with DLR being to the East)? Unless you are in the one tower which faces DLR then you will only get a "view" of Garden Grove (South/West) or Anaheim (North) ..........

mousey_girl
05-15-2002, 10:13 PM
Be really careful about changing reservations at DLR. With our trip last year, I added a day and they tried to charge me $50 for changing the reservation (for ADDING to it!!). After talking to a supervisor I was able to get the charge knocked down quite a bit, but still!!!

As for a "view" room at DLH, there is only one tower that faces the parks. I can't remember the name of the tower, but it is NOT the one with the lobby. When I called to make my reservations I was told that they only had a "view" room, and we wouldn't know if it was facing DTD or the pool area so make sure if you are paying for it, you get what you want. Overall I was disappointed with the money that we paid to look at the pool.

This time around will most likely be our last major trip to DLR. We will be staying at GCH.

We really liked PPH, but it was such a longgggggggg walk to go anywhere, and with them cancelling the shuttles and trams, it was worth paying the extra $$ for DLH. The rooms at PPH seemed larger and we did get "oversee" the finishing touches of DCA from our room.

What I really wanted from DLH was a balcony that you could actually sit out on, not a sliding glass door with a 6 inch sill.

lotsafuzz
05-16-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
Be really careful about changing reservations at DLR. With our trip last year, I added a day and they tried to charge me $50 for changing the reservation (for ADDING to it!!). After talking to a supervisor I was able to get the charge knocked down quite a bit, but still!!!

What I really wanted from DLH was a balcony that you could actually sit out on, not a sliding glass door with a 6 inch sill.

Thanks for the tip! I'm thinking I'll just wait until I get there so I can be sure I'm getting a park view. I'm guessing that odds are there won't be any available, so that way it wasn't *really* my fault that I didn't get the room and I can spend the money elsewhere.

Wouldn't it be great to have a balcony to sit on to watch the park at night?!?

I'm *really* looking forward to sitting somewhere cool, with my feet up, with a drink in one hand and my Mickey ears in another just watching the world go by in Disney Land. *sigh* 15 more days!!