PDA

View Full Version : What would you name the new Tom Sawyer's Island?

Pages : [1] 2

hefferdude
10-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Finished reading the post about re-theming Tom Sawyer's Island to be in line with the POC craze.
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=61470
If it happens, what would be a new name for the attraction?

Lassiter's Laffite-ish Landing ?

Scizzorhand's hideaway ?

Johnny's jumping jungle? :eek:

oregontraveler
10-09-2006, 12:16 PM
The attraction formerly known as Tom Sawyer's Island :rolleyes:

MaraMouse
10-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Tortuga.. since that was the name of the secret pirate island they created in the movie based off scenes in the ride

joannabanana
10-09-2006, 12:27 PM
The Sparrow's nest?

I know, its kinda lame. HAHA

potzbie
10-09-2006, 12:55 PM
"Treasure Island"?
(Robert Newton is rolling over in his grave!) :)

wishIwasthe_Mouse
10-09-2006, 01:11 PM
"That Island, You know were all the kids just keep getting yelled at to stop running"

SANDYMARIE
10-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Knot's Landing! lol!!! How about Mysterious Island! This way they can change their minds at anytime.:rolleyes:
TTFN:)

DisneyDustin22
10-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Dead Man's Island

Or how about just, The Island? Michael Bay could run it. And stuff could just randomly explode.

Bolivar
10-09-2006, 02:41 PM
World's End

That isn't a good name, but it fits the next movie and I get the impression they are looking for a quick tie-in to the movie as opposed to a truely lasting attraction. So a name that would be completely meaningless in five years seems fine.

Dr. Watson
10-09-2006, 03:40 PM
How 'bout "The Rock"? Put sharks in the river, unbelievable tidal swells... you get the idea.:rolleyes:

Bytebear
10-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Tom Sawyer and Jack Sparrow's Island of Confused Theming.

potzbie
10-09-2006, 04:03 PM
I've got it! It is a name consistent with other Disney things.
"Kodak presents TOM SAWYER'S ISLAND, hosted by Dole, powered by Hewlett-Packard."
:rolleyes:

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-09-2006, 04:52 PM
I am still VERY angry they are doing this. I don't care what they call it. I think they should leave it alone!

jMom
10-09-2006, 06:31 PM
"Sorry, couldn't hear you over the Ka-ching!Ka-Ching!"

JCLowesman
10-09-2006, 07:52 PM
My suggestion for the new name of Tom Sawyer's Island:

That place over there that's too hard to get to because you have to cram onto that dinky little raft just to wander around in circles and look at the same stuff that you can buy next to POTC or any shop remotely associated with Disney while stumbling around on uneaven pathways while remembering that the area was originally one of Walt's dreams and shouldn't be messed with when they could just expand the New Orleans Square area outward beyond the berm and create a pirate land whthout destroying one of my favorite areas of the park just in the name of movie tie-ins and gross profit margins.

I'm sure that there may be some trouble fitting this on a sign or a press release, but I beleive in truth in labeling.:~D

By the way - I DO like the movies, Johnny Depp and the rest are great, but it's Disneyland, not Deppland.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-09-2006, 08:18 PM
My suggestion for the new name of Tom Sawyer's Island:

That place over there that's too hard to get to because you have to cram onto that dinky little raft just to wander around in circles and look at the same stuff that you can buy next to POTC or any shop remotely associated with Disney while stumbling around on uneaven pathways while remembering that the area was originally one of Walt's dreams and shouldn't be messed with when they could just expand the New Orleans Square area outward beyond the berm and create a pirate land whthout destroying one of my favorite areas of the park just in the name of movie tie-ins and gross profit margins.

I'm sure that there may be some trouble fitting this on a sign or a press release, but I beleive in truth in labeling.:~D

By the way - I DO like the movies, Johnny Depp and the rest are great, but it's Disneyland, not Deppland.

You know if they use a small font, I think they could get it all on a sign. I love it, DEPPLAND!!

Pirate Princess
10-09-2006, 10:45 PM
"Kodak presents TOM SAWYER'S ISLAND, hosted by Dole, powered by Hewlett-Packard."
:rolleyes:

LMAO!!!! :D :D :D

Abigail's Uncle
10-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Nomanisan Island (to borrow a brilliant proper name from The Incredibles)

Disneymademoiselle
10-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Too Much Of A Good Thing Island

Another Dimension
10-10-2006, 12:50 AM
"X Marks the cash Spot" :rolleyes:

RStar
10-10-2006, 05:46 AM
I am still VERY angry they are doing this.

It's not a sure thing yet, just a leaked-out rumor at this point. Most things they talk about at Disney don't get done. There are many things riding against it, like:

-time (7 months till the next movie),

-size (it's like changing a whole land),

-themeing issues on the river (do they leave the indian village so close to the Caribbean? And is the Mark Twain sailing in the Caribbean or the Mississippi?),

-cost (the the whole Island would almost need to be raized, including the infrastucture, landscaping (to make it more tropical) bathrooms, and wheelchair access),

-what would they use to get to the island other than a Tom Sayer raft?,

-and finally, how would they work Fantasmic! into these plans?

That's a lot to deal with because of a successfull movie. But it has made a huge amount of money, and it pays to capotalize on it. Besides, I do think something needs to be done with the "Shadow of it's former self Island". I just don't know if re-themeing it is the way to go.

hefferdude
10-10-2006, 09:06 AM
re: RSTAR's comments and DadAndFamily, I re-read the link DAF posted.
http://education.yahoo.com/homework_help/cliffsnotes/the_adventures_of_tom_sawyer/27.html
It gives good validation to combine the classic TSI with the pirate's theme idea only make it iaddtion to not a replacement of.
Might even spur some to re-read Twain. ( Small Columbia style cannon on the Mark Twain anyone? )

Might the island make reference ( small bi-lingual placards ) to parts of Twain's works relative to the attraction parts? PC be damned.

Pat-n-Eil
10-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Tortuga.. since that was the name of the secret pirate island they created in the movie based off scenes in the ride

+1

mistofviolets
10-10-2006, 11:05 AM
The piratized Tom Sawyer Island

SANDYMARIE
10-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Buccaneer's Sawyer Island aka BSI:rolleyes: