PDA

View Full Version : October 8, 2006 trip report

cstephens
10-08-2006, 11:41 PM
I've posted a shorter trip report with information about items available at the Disney Character Warehouse in Fullerton, lunch review of French Market, a new beanie for Mickey's Halloween Treat and merchandising decisions made by Disney that I cannnot fathom. Oh, and if you don't want to know the outcome of the Eagles/Cowboys game, skip the rest of the paragraph as soon as the game itself is mentioned.

Here's the link: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlr100806tr.html. (And yes, I double-checked this time to make sure I posted the *right* link.

Thanks!

Andrew
10-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Well, I'm jealous that you went on my birthday. But I can always live vicariously through your reports. Thanks!

cstephens
10-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, I'm jealous that you went on my birthday. But I can always live vicariously through your reports. Thanks!

Well, my birthday is on a Sunday next year, so you better make your plans now if you want to reciprocate! ;)

adriennek
10-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Ok, this is a slight derail. I checked out your NR menu. For once, the starters don't look appealing to me at all! :eek: But of course, the entrees and salads are just TEASING me (If we didn't have to go to that stupid Dave Matthews concert I could so go to Napa Rose instead...)

I never noticed 'sides' on the menu before. Is that new?? I might have to just try to mimic that roasted cauliflower side dish at home.... And I am one of those people who loves cabbage. But have I been just ignoring the sides menu for years? I thought we always got something out of every section of the menu...

Adrienne

cstephens
10-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Nope, not new. The sides have been there as long as I recall going. I almost never order additional sides because the dishes come with some sort of sides. The only side I recall ordering was brussels sprouts because I love them, but they came with a fancy sauce, and I'm actually not into bacon and fancy stuff with my sprouts.

Spring 2002 is the earliest menu I have on my site (http://colddeadfish.net/naparose/napamenuspring2002.html), and you'll notice sides at the bottom.

They often have twice baked stuffed potatoes on the sides menu, and those seemed to be pretty popular - when we sat at the counter once, they made tons of those.

BTW, have you sat at the counter yet? If not, I think you'd really enjoy it. Ditch the concert, bequeath Kevin to your sister for the night, and have dinner at the counter with a friend! :~D

Andrew
10-09-2006, 12:35 PM
On our one visit to NR, we shared the side of haricots verts (green beans). They were delightful.

adriennek
10-09-2006, 12:45 PM
BTW, have you sat at the counter yet? If not, I think you'd really enjoy it. Ditch the concert, bequeath Kevin to your sister for the night, and have dinner at the counter with a friend! :~D

No, everytime I go I think: Next time we really need to sit there... I know we need to.

If I ditch Santa Barbara, I'll have three little people with me. You wanna babysit? ;) I'm not actually going to the concert. I'm staying at the hotel with the kidlets. Woo hoo!

Adrienne

ETA: Nothing with your sprouts??? I have the BEST recipe from Martha Stewart - roasted sprouts with pancetta and apples. Yummmmmm. The boys LOVE it.

cstephens
10-09-2006, 06:29 PM
If I ditch Santa Barbara, I'll have three little people with me. You wanna babysit? ;) I'm not actually going to the concert. I'm staying at the hotel with the kidlets. Woo hoo!

OK, since I wasn't at your wedding, I have to ask - did you promise "in sickness and in health, for better or for Dave Matthews"? ;)

(OK, it was a joke, nobody throw things at me. I know that Dave Matthews is a musical act but I don't know enough about him to even know if I know or like any of his stuff. Put the knives DOWN!)

ETA: Nothing with your sprouts??? I have the BEST recipe from Martha Stewart - roasted sprouts with pancetta and apples. Yummmmmm. The boys LOVE it.

Ummm, ok, glad the boys like it - does not sound like my kind of style. I actually tend to like my vegetables fairly plain - steamed rather than boiled to death and not necessary a big fan of sauces and other stuff in them. Unless you're talking stir fry, in which case, that's a little different but I still tend not to like them with too much sauce. Maybe it's because of what I got used to growing up, or maybe it's just me. I actually like the taste of vegetables generally, so I don't like other stuff hiding their taste. On some occasions, I'll have salad without any dressing or crudite with no dip.