PDA

View Full Version : Where's all the new merchandise...?

MrJims
10-08-2006, 09:31 PM
My family was quite disappointed to find out that the "Year of a Million Dreams" really has no new merchandise to promote it (ie) picture frames, t-shirts, mugs etc. All the stores seemed to carry was old 50th merchandise which we saw/purchased last November, and the odd "2006" item. Does anyone know if new merchandise is on it's way?

AVP
10-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Actually, there are at least five new collections of merchandise in the stores right now. There's the non-character "Disney Parks / Year of a Million Dreams" stuff that was released a few weeks ago, a new character-based Year of a Million Dreams collection, a new "upscale" resort collection, a new Retro collection, and a new 1955 collection.

I am DROOLING over the leather jacket released in the new upscale collection. The detailing is wonderful, and I would kill for a scarf in the lining material.

I'll try to get photos later - I had other things on my agenda today.

AVP

CinemaGal15
10-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Sad to say, but the new merchandise wont be at the park until January. Possibly some little things here and there, but most of it will come in January. Please come and check it out then.

cstephens
10-08-2006, 11:48 PM
a new "upscale" resort collection, and a new 1955 collection

There's some new stuff I saw in the Emporium a week or two or three ago by where the snowglobes and such are - there's a tall shotglass and a deck of cards at least, and then I saw a bunch of other merchandise with that logo in Acorns today, similar to the 50th upscale collection. Is that the new upscale resort collection or the new 1955 collection? It looked pretty spiffy.

Or maybe that new embroidered shirt at Disneyana is in the upscale collection? That was a *very* nice shirt.

Looking forward to seeing photos in case I missed them at the resort or at least so I can identify them.

Oh, and I'm figuring I know at least part of what was on your agenda today, but I won't tell. ;)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-09-2006, 06:43 AM
I am excited to see the new merchandise. I think I pretty much got all I wanted from the 50th collection.
I am excited to be there in a little over a week, to check out the Halloween merchandise, and of course bring some home.