PDA

View Full Version : February Questions!

twist1980
10-08-2006, 05:15 PM
I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer to my questions, so I apologize if these have been answered before! :)

Anyways, what is the weather generally like in February? My boyfriend and I just booked the week before President's Week (Feb.11-15) to celebrate Valentine's Day and his birthday (also the 14th) and we are curious what to expect! I've done December before...is February similar? And how much rain is typical in February? I'm from Seattle, so rain doesn't bother me too much...

And does DLR do anything different for Valentines Day? I'm expecting that day to be crowded...but is it as bad as say a typical day in July?

Thanks in advance for the help!:)

grimgrinningirl
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, we went to DL for my daughter's birthday on Feb. 8th and it was wonderful. The weather was nice and sunny. We brought sweatshirts, but didn't need them, even in the evening. The park wasn't crowded at all (it was a wednesday) and we were able to walk on most rides. We went to DCA on Feb. 26 ( a Sunday) and, although the weather was nice again, the park was pretty crowded (hour long waits for many rides). Never been on Valentine's day, though.

Susan L
10-09-2006, 08:05 AM
We have been a few times in Feb and during the time that you will be there. The weather is ok, it can get chilly. One Feb when we were there it did rain a bit but, nothing like you are use to in Seattle. Besides when it rains it chases all the crowds away and the parks are yours. You will have a good time. Valentines Day can be very romantic at Disneyland.

Lekta
10-09-2006, 09:02 AM
We went late last year in February and we had hard rain in parts of 3 out of 5 days. However, after we braved the showers, we had the park to ourselves. Walk on Splash Moutain anyone?

sandiegorob
10-09-2006, 10:35 AM
We were there Feb 10-13, 2006. It was mid-eighties each day. Went the same time the year before and it rained on us. In other words, be prepared for anything.
Crowds weren't that bad at all, not even close to summer levels.

Katran
12-27-2006, 11:01 AM
We're going Feb. 1-5. Anyone been there on those dates? And for those of us from Phoenix who are used to weather in the 60's and even 70's in February, just how chilly does it get? Should we plan for rain?

Thanks! :D

rentayenta
12-27-2006, 03:37 PM
We have been twice in Feb. Both times were chilly and it poured heavy one of those times. It was still a blast!

Katran
12-27-2006, 04:21 PM
When did you go in February? From what I'm hearing and my own past experience, it tends to rain in late Feb. and early March, but what about early Feb.?

Rkkm
12-28-2006, 08:49 AM
February weather in SoCal is just bizarre. A Santa Ana can come whipping through and raise the temps into the high 80s with humidity into low 20s. One week later, it can be pouring rain. Or, it can just be gray and foggy and in the mid-60s.

So, don't plan your wardrobe much ahead of time .. or, my favorite, just plan to buy whatever outfits the weather dictates once you are in Downtown Disney!

Just read the weather reports near your trip time.

Susan L
12-28-2006, 09:07 AM
We're going Feb. 1-5. Anyone been there on those dates? And for those of us from Phoenix who are used to weather in the 60's and even 70's in February, just how chilly does it get? Should we plan for rain?

Thanks! :D

Just make sure you pack to dress in layers. It can get chilly in the evenings. I would plan for rain just in case. We were there one Feb and it poured but, it was also nice because it kept the crowds away and it was like having the parks to ourselves. However, on our last trip Feb 06 they had a heat wave in So. CA. You just never know. Keep an eye on the local Anaheim weather it should help you plan your packing.

mommy-san
12-28-2006, 09:43 AM
When did you go in February? From what I'm hearing and my own past experience, it tends to rain in late Feb. and early March, but what about early Feb.?
We went last year at that time- beautiful weather. Kids wore shorts and t-shirts until night time. We did see many people bundled up at night, but we just added another light layer. Will be there again Jan. 31 to February 6- keep your fingers crossed.

Katran
12-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the tips guys! I'll keep an eye on the weather reports as it gets closer, and we'll pack extra clothing so we can bundle up if need be. Unless there's a heat wave, I'm pretty sure we won't be wearing any shorts (well, DH might be, but I don't wear shorts until the temps hit the mid to high 80's). We went the first week of March last year and it was jeans and t-shirts during the day, heavy jackets at night for us, but that was a month later in the year and the weather can change a lot in a month.

Just for fun today the kids and I drove to the dinosaur sculptures west of Indio. In our hometown of Phoenix it was cold and rainy, but we found the weather to be only slightly cool and windy in Indio. In fact, if not for the winds, it probably would have been downright warm! Funny how the weather can be so different with only a few hours difference between locations.