PDA

View Full Version : Questions for DCA

ochibiyo
10-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi There! I have a few question pertaining DCA. Hope anyone out there can help me.

Where is the entrance to GCH from DCA? And is this entrance easier and faster to get to DL or is the monorail.

What exactly is Character Close Up? Will young ones enjoy this or is it a waste of our time.

How long does Lightning McQueen and others stay out?

Thanks!

bassett1976
10-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Where is the entrance to GCH from DCA? And is this entrance easier and faster to get to DL or is the monorail.
The entrance in GCH is in between Napa Rose and the Fitness Center, outside by the pool. Right now, its faster to go in to DL via the entrance since the monorail is closed.

What exactly is Character Close Up? Will young ones enjoy this or is it a waste of our time.
If it's what I'm thinking about, its a character Meet and Greet in DCA in the animation building. We find that its a great time to see a character without the long lines in DL but not all of the characters to this location.

How long does Lightning McQueen and others stay out?
I want to say about 20 minutes, only have seen it twice and we left quickly.

potzbie
10-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Q1. Where is the entrance to GCH from DCA? And is this entrance easier and faster to get to DL or is the monorail.

I reply:
From DCA, you must be at Grizzly River Run ("Highway 49" is what DCA calls that walkway) to walk thru the special entrance into the Grand Californian Hotel.

Q2. What exactly is Character Close Up? Will young ones enjoy this or is it a waste of our time.

I reply:
I don't know. My DCA/DL paper schedule fails to mention the phrase, "character close-up," and the phrase does not ring a bell.

Q3. How long does Lightning McQueen and others stay out?

I reply:
I still have my DCA/DL paper schedule from the entrance gate. The schedule for Fri., Sat., Sun., September 29 - October 1, was as follows:
"Daily: 11:15, 12:15, 1:15, 2:45, 3:45."
(I cannot verify the schedule of Mon. thru Thu.)
(Remember, they do the meet-and-greet for about a half-hour before taking the mandatory break.)