PDA

View Full Version : Post Memorial Day crowds?

Pixie Glitter
05-15-2002, 06:22 AM
I'm hoping some of you locals can help me out. . . .

I'll be making my first trip to DL the end of the month--in the parks May 30 - June 1. (Wahoo!!!) Any idea what the attendance levels will be like during this time period? Also, will the Anaheim area schools still be in session?

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. Any other touring advice, must sees, etc. would also be appreciated. (I've been to Disney World a couple of times, so I have some basic understanding of the whole process).

justagrrl
05-15-2002, 06:36 AM
Anaheim Schools are year round...there is always one track off at any given time. (At least for elementary - I think it also applies to jr. and high school although since my kids aren't there, I can't say for certain.)

Pixie Glitter
05-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Thanks, Justagirl!

Also, could anyone tell me which attractions are currently closed? The official Disney site doesn't seem completely accurate (imagine that!)

Pixie Glitter
05-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Bump

MonorailMan
05-15-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Pixie Glitter
Thanks, Justagirl!

Also, could anyone tell me which attractions are currently closed? The official Disney site doesn't seem completely accurate (imagine that!)

Well, I'd still plan around what www.disneyland.com says, because there right about 9/10 times. The only time there not useally right is when an attraction can't be opened beacuse of thing that just "Come Up".

Dreamstaker
05-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Anaheim High School District (including Jr High) is out on June 14th for Summer.

Uncle Dick
05-16-2002, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about kids in the Anaheim area. Think about it. They can go to Disneyland any weekend they want. There's no reasons why they would wait for summer to come around. I'd worry more about out-of-staters.

GalDisney
05-16-2002, 07:20 AM
i visited Disneyland last year on the Thursday after Memorial Day weekend and Disney was not crowded at all. I live in Anaheim and I visit the park often. The wait times for rides was 10 minutes, max. I will be going this year on June 12 and I hope the crowds are light that day, too.

Pixie Glitter
05-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Thanks so much to everyone who replied! I appreciate your help.

lisap
05-16-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Pixie Glitter

P.S. Any other touring advice, must sees, etc. would also be appreciated. (I've been to Disney World a couple of times, so I have some basic understanding of the whole process).

The best advice I can offer is to arrive at the main gates about 45 minutes before the park is scheduled to open. They will let you onto Main Street a half hour before the rest of the park. Head in, grab some coffee, and when the rope drops, ride, ride, ride. The first couple of hours are gold--after that, things start to slow down.

You can get so much done if you're not waiting in line! Do your favorites first thing. Shopping and eating can wait till later. RIDE. :D

have a great time.