PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to need some advice [AP renewal]

LilysMom2003
10-04-2006, 04:47 PM
So, we just got the letter in the mail about renewing our passports. I'm hoping some of you can tell me if I should renew via mail, online or wait until I visit the park again. So, here's our scoop...

My husband and I both have the Southern California Passport. We're still undecided about renewing his (long story) but we'll renew mine for sure. Our passports expire on November 3. We're going to Disneyland on November 19 so I'm not sure what the pros/cons are to doing it online/mail vs. at the park on the 19th.

It does say that we'll get a $10 gift card and the choice of a new design if we renew by mail or online. If I renew online/mail do I need to turn in my old passport? When do I have to do it by? Can I mail off my payment on November 1st? Just a little confused.

If anyone can shed light on why people don't renew via mail/online that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Leap for Joy
10-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Darkbeer has the math all worked out. Here's the link to his thread:
AP Renewal Math (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=60859&highlight=renew+discount)

Caribbrz
10-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I got 20.00 off when I renewed online vs by mail on in the park. And you get to pick the picture design on your card and no lines to wait in as they send you your card back in the mail They use the picture they already have on file. I feel it is easier and every little discount helps!