PDA

View Full Version : Favorite place to eat breakfast in the park?

Pages : [1] 2

jackaroosmom
10-04-2006, 01:44 PM
We are staying at Hojos and could go to Mimi's, but since my husband can never get up early enough, I want to head right to the park and eat breakfast there.

Any suggestions? Good people watching, character watching? of course, good food!:D

Thanks!!

hlbtimes2
10-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Carnation cafe on main street. Call ahead, even the day off usually works, and make a PS. It will save you some wait time. You can people watch as people come down main street.

Riverbell Terrace is probably our 2nd choice- They have Mickey pancakes. I love to eat outside and watch the boats go by.

There is also Minnie and friends at the Plaza. Its a character meal. You'll want to make PS for it. Its going to cost you more then the other two, but its fun and the food is good!

jackaroosmom
10-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks! I didn't know you could make PS for these places! Can I find the phone numbers on the disney website?

hlbtimes2
10-04-2006, 02:09 PM
(714) 781-3463

Carnation and Minnies both take PS, Riverbell does not.

tmptink
10-04-2006, 02:49 PM
I will second Carnation Cafe. We PS that morning and got an early reservation. We just ate there for the first time the last time we went and it was great. Even my picky daughter ate her waffles. I think it is a reasonable price to. We went to Denny's on Harbor Blvd and it cost us more and was not as good.

I will als second Minnie and Friends Breakfast. The food was really good. You do pay a lot for it.

MrVisible
10-04-2006, 04:03 PM
I dream about the Croissant Benedict at the Carnation. Frequently.

Just a couple more days, and that's where you'll find me.

minniemom
10-04-2006, 05:39 PM
We always make a trip to Storyteller's. I love the buffett!!!

neecee23
10-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Make a PS at the Carnation Cafe and have the Croissant Eggs Benedict. You won't be sorry! Have a great time!

Rapunzelthorn
10-04-2006, 10:35 PM
How far in advance can you request preferred seating?

ghoofie
10-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Our family can never time breakfast to eat early at the park. Everyone gets up different times. Me, I'm always first one up...and being 'falically' challenged, I'm up/ready quickly and I'm ready for coffee and ready to eat.
The girls gotta all do the hair thing , not to mention, awaken at different times. So we always eat breakfast at the candy cane. I usually am early enough to scout out a table at the cont. breakfast. By the time everyone else staggers out..I've had coffee, eaten , and usually stricken up conversations with other guests around me. It works out well.

So...I wouldn't know about Disneyland breakfast. But I would like too try some day.

SDMom
10-05-2006, 08:49 AM
We love, love, love, when they open Main Street 1/2 hour early. Then we race to Carnation cafe for Mickey waffles! Never thought about PS - thanks for that tip.

They usually have the rope dropped to the rest of the park by the time we finish and I run and collect our first fast passes for the day while DH pays. :)

wabby1
10-05-2006, 08:59 AM
Personally, I love Riverbelle Terrace. The food and price are great. It has become a family tradition for us, along with many other things at the park, including always riding PIRATES before anything else.

I also like the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel. The interaction with the Disney characters is good, plus the breakfast buffet is well worth it.

stan4d_steph
10-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Whitewater Snacks in GCH.

Check out this very recent thread also (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=60002&highlight=favorite+breakfast), or do a search on "favorite breakfast" to find some other ideas.

snappy
10-05-2006, 09:10 AM
We always make a trip to Storyteller's. I love the buffett!!!

We love eating there too, but never eaten the Buffett. Is it really that good? For myself it's worth the $26.00 but for my girlfriend she doesn't eat enough to get her $ worth. Not that she can't eat but she can't even finish her regular dinner plate. All I remember seeing is their Prime Rib. Is that pretty tasty? Looks good. Would you say their Buffett is like a Vegas Buffett?

THpoohbear
10-05-2006, 09:15 AM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Riverbelle! I absolutely love the themeing around that area... (one reason I'm voting against Pirate Island, but that's another thread....)

I like eating there because it's not table service, so I don't have to make an ADR and thus breakfast time is flexible. They serve breakfast until 11:45 - so I usually go hit a few rides and then settle in for a good breakfast. The potatoes and pancakes are delish! When coming out of the restaurant facing the ROA, if you sit to the left towards the corner, you'll have a great view of the Mark Twain. You'll also be able to here bits of the Tarzan Treehouse music. :p

Vegitabeta
10-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Another vote for Carnation Cafe!

BlkPearlCptn
10-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Not exactly in the park, but in DTD. HAVE to have breakfast at the Rainforest!! Best omelet and smoothy ever! Have always had awsome service and great food in the mornings (can't vouch for the afternoons and evenings though). Even though I don't get down as much as I like, the hosts and server's always seem to remember us and ALWAYS greet us with a "Welcome Back"

Opus1guy
10-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Riverbelle! I absolutely love the themeing around that area...

From a post of mine from last year, but apropos for this thread:

Agree. That's likely why it was Walt's favorite place for breakfast.

Some of our younger readers might not even know that the River Belle Terrace was for most of it's life, the Pancake House and the breakfast spot of Disneyland from 1955 until not too many years ago. Pancakes used to be served there for breakfast, lunch and dinner! It's only fairly recently in Disneyland's life, that pancakes and other breakfast items are only sold there during breakfast hours now. God, I used to love having pancakes, eggs and bacon at River Belle at like 11pm! :)

From 1955 until I think 1971, it's name was the Aunt Jemima Pancake House Restaurant. Then it was briefly renamed "Magnolia Tree Terrace" for only about a year, and then it changed to the current "River Belle Terrace."

But even to this day, you'll still hear many old timer Guests, Cast Members and Disney Legends refer to it simply such as: "Let's eat at the Pancake House." :)

Anyway...there's a lot of breakfast history going all the way back to 1955 at the River Belle Terrace.

Anyone here old enough to remember the Pancake Races down Main Street? Man, you wouldn't have wanted to eat any of those flapjacks after you saw where most of them "visited" for a few seconds on the way down the street! ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
10-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Man! I want pancakes SO much now, Opus!!!!!! Yummy! Riverbelle Terrace! I always remember the kids having Mickey pancakes there. Sigh.

I also really like Carnation Cafe for breakfast.

ministrychick77
10-06-2006, 01:21 PM
river belle here too... great views, decent prices. the potatoes are great! that, and when it rains, you can watch all the people scatter...:D

nmjohnston874
10-07-2006, 03:01 PM
In addition to the Carnation and Riverbelle, we also like to sit at Coke Corner with pastries and coffee from BRB and people watch. It's a quick, good and cheap breakfast.

cstephens
10-07-2006, 11:44 PM
My favorite place to have breakfast is the porch on Main Street - while enjoying a croissant and a mocha from the bakery.

In the past, we've also enjoyed getting food from River Belle (haven't had breakfast there in years so don't know how the food is now) and sitting outside facing the river - great view of the river, very peaceful and lots of people-watching opportunities.

jrsharp21
10-08-2006, 08:09 AM
River Belle Terrace!!! The best pancakes ever. And plus sittig out by the river in the early morning is very peaceful.

jackaroosmom
10-08-2006, 08:28 AM
The Riverbelle Terrace is looking good to me!

Do they give free coffee refills while eating at most places?

Gone2Disneyland
10-08-2006, 09:05 AM
I used to be a big-talking fan of the Riverbelle Terrace for my Mickey Mouse pancakes (Steamboat with MM pancakes substituted for the 3 pancakes) and sitting outdoors on the patio to enjoy my view of the Rivers of America before me as I enjoyed my Saturday or Sunday mornings. But since joining friends who also have APs, we've been trading visits between the Riverbelle and Carnation Café.

I now find myself more often at the Café and gradually enjoying that as my usual breakfast place. Different menus but the meals at the Café are generally served warmer/hotter than when you get your food at the Riverbelle. Sometimes, the food at the Riverbelle can be on the warm or even lukewarm side. So that's sort of the trade off I accept when I go there these days. Also, the Café is one of the restaurants Disneyland has included when offering AP exclusive pins after spending the minimum $30. The Café also accepts Priority Seating as has been mentioned.

Bottom line, the Café offers a step up in dining service while the Riverbelle is less so but offers a splendid view of New Orleans Square and Frontierland.