PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered the Vacation Planning DVD lately?

Pages : [1] 2

acpalmer
10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
The website says it is new for the YOAMD celebration, but I wondered if anyone actually had it and could tell me how different it is from the 50th Anniversary one that we got last year. My kids love watching the 50th one that we have, but I'd love to have an updated they could watch to get ready for our new trip. If it's really not much different, though, then I might not bother!

Thanks!

hlbtimes2
10-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Its free- just order it! The last one had a 20% off coupon in it, hopefully this one will have something like that too. I ordered one a day or two ago.

yellowrosedtxn
10-05-2006, 11:58 AM
I ordered it, but I haven't received it yet. It supposedly has stuff from WDW and Disneyland on it. I was going to order one from each, since we are going to both places next year, but read that it had both, so I am only getting the one! LOL

Sorry, long explanation, but thought I would let anyone who wants to order it know that.

disneyhound
10-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I ordered it, but I haven't received it yet. It supposedly has stuff from WDW and Disneyland on it...

I just placed an order for the DVD, it asked which park you are interested in visiting, I selected DL. I hope the DVD doesn't spend a lot of time talking about WDW...

Kricky
10-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I just ordered it, too. For our daughter's sake, I was hoping to have it before our trip (we leave in 2 weeks!), but it said it may take 4-6 weeks. They don't tell you that until AFTER you hit 'submit!' I also specified DL, but since it's a DVD, it's probably easy to just skip over the WDW section.

Kricky
11-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Has anybody received the DVD yet? I got an email about 3 weeks ago saying it's "almost ready to head your way." We're already back from our trip but thought it might be a neat way to see all the fun places again!

JosieGirl71
11-14-2006, 07:57 PM
I just ordered it to add to my Disneyland DVD collection. Thanks for sharing!

magicpointeshoe
11-14-2006, 08:58 PM
I hope this one is better than last year's dvd. Part of what I used to love about the videos was the highlights (like shots of characters, and attractions), and last year's dvd seemed like hiccups in fast forward. My four year old lost interest real quick because of how fast the shots were edited.

brizite
11-15-2006, 12:19 AM
I too received an e-mail saying it was "almost ready to ship". I wonder if maybe they don't actually have them in yet (?)
How can it be "almost" ready to ship - are they still editing it?

hlbtimes2
11-15-2006, 07:49 AM
I ordered one, and dont recall getting an email from them, and no dvd yet either. :(

Viva La Disney
11-15-2006, 08:10 AM
I ordered mine. I hope I get it. I love the vacation planning videos. I'm getting one every time they realease one from now one. I even get them if there are old ones at thrift stores or at yard sales. Love 'em.

Wendi
11-15-2006, 08:12 AM
I ordered it a few weeks ago when I noticed that it looked as if they might have a new one. Haven't received it yet though... It seems as though they have one DVD for planning a trip to WDW or DLR.

acpalmer
11-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Same thing--I got an e-mail several weeks ago, but nothing yet. I had really wanted to have it before our trip coming up in a couple of days, but guess not!

Tasmen
11-15-2006, 10:55 AM
I never got the email and still have not received the dvd. The wait is keeeling me.

Clotho
11-15-2006, 11:19 AM
I got an e-mail saying it was coming soon, but that was over a month ago, and still nothing.

Goosegirl
11-15-2006, 11:45 AM
I ordered it about a month ago and still nothing. No email, no dvd.

kenzmom2cu
11-15-2006, 03:12 PM
How and where do you order it?

danyoung
11-15-2006, 04:05 PM
I too received an e-mail saying it was "almost ready to ship". I wonder if maybe they don't actually have them in yet (?)
How can it be "almost" ready to ship - are they still editing it?

"Almost ready to ship" is corporate speak for "it ain't done yet - please be patient!"

MermaidHair
11-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I did not order the DVD but a couple of days ago I received an email from Disney Destinations with a link to a site that let me create my "own customized Disney Dream Vacation video." It was pretty cute. But the videos did have a lot of quick edits. At the end it basically asked if I wanted to order the regular Vacation Planning DVD. Not planning a vacation this year :crying: so I skipped that. I would post the link to the site but I can't figure out how to strip my email address out of the link - it was personalized. Anyone else get this email?

Goosegirl
11-29-2006, 12:52 PM
It finally came yesterday in the mail! So of course we have already watched it a few times. I do like the "dream" montage in the beginning but the rest is just mostly about the hotels. It really shows more of the hotels than it does of the parks. Oh well. It is free and makes me want to go back NOW! So I am grateful.:)

Goosegirl
11-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Actually I should have said it showed TONS of the Disney World parks but not so much of Disneyland. I do think the Disney Adventures tours look really fun.

cabozone
11-29-2006, 02:05 PM
We will be heading to WDW in Feb '07, I ordered the VP-CD a while ago, hopefully it will get here soon. I have the trip booked already, but it would be nice to get a preview of everything. I know that things have been added since we were there in 2000. Thanks for the little preview of info!

Kricky
11-29-2006, 06:41 PM
We got the DVD today. I watched a little bit of it, and I was kindof disappointed. I was hoping it would give me more specific information about the parks, the layout, the rides, etc. It kept mentioning all the 'dreams,' how DL is a place of imagination and a place where your dreams come true. Little clips of the rides and scenes from the parks, but that's it.

dznyphreak
11-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Just watched mine today.

I was disappointed too. Very short snippets about the rides. Too much other stuff. We're planning on WDW next summer.

Disnerd
11-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Got it yesterday. Most of the footage is old stuff re-edit with footage of actors playing Cast Members and guest talking about dreams and wishes coming true. Good thing it is free, because it is not worth it. Last years was better.