PDA

View Full Version : Holidaytime Tour Scoop!

Niwel
10-04-2006, 11:09 AM
It's beginning to look a lot like Xmas (sorry -- that song was in my head today).
I just called the Disneyland tour line and indeed the Holidaytime at Disneyland Tour is coming back this year starting Nov. 17 -- with tickets going on sale Oct. 15.
No word on cost or what this year's tour will consist of, but please check out MousePlanet's past write ups of this seasonal fave (the tour stays fairly consistent with what you see and do):

2003 tour (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mm031211sl)
2001 tour (http://www.mouseplanet.com/akrock/ak011126.htm)

Tours can be booked up to 30 days in advance by calling (714) 781-4400.

Malcon10t
10-04-2006, 11:22 AM
We did the tours in 2001, 2002, and 2003. It's actually a lot of fun. 2003 we did it on NYE. It was a lot of fun! We learned something new each time too!

snowsbeau
10-04-2006, 11:31 AM
I went on this tour last year and enjoyed it immensely! I had never been on any tours at the park. I have been tempted to try another but this one was great. I look forward to doing it again this year.

Niwel
10-04-2006, 01:58 PM
It is one of my faves! (Point of disclosure: I light eight chanukah candles and still have a wonderful time all three/four times I've done this tour)! The one I wrote about was during the day because of the Candlelight Processional -- the tour is PERFECT for nighttime :)

Niele
10-04-2006, 03:56 PM
That really sounds great, thank you for the info Niwel. I gather it is about a 2 hour tour and do you think young children (5 & 8) would like it or just get bored after awhile?

emmah
10-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I did this last year for the first time, on the saturday of the candlelight processional, because of suggestions here. and it was fantastic - i was so glad i did. the park was totally flat out, and being on the tour cut through hugh queues for HMH and IASW, and gave us front row seats at IASW plaza for the parade - the characters paid a lot of attention to us so it was a great photo op. there was a fair bit of interesting information presented, the host was really a lovely girl, and we all received a cool pin, an insulated christmas mug full of hot chocolate and a (really disgusting, IMO!) rice crispie star to eat while the parade went by. I recommend the tour.

Malcon10t
10-04-2006, 06:19 PM
That really sounds great, thank you for the info Niwel. I gather it is about a 2 hour tour and do you think young children (5 & 8) would like it or just get bored after awhile?
We had several kids on our tours who seemed to really enjoy it. If the 5 yo is a dawdler, you might get a stroller so he can keep up. Its fun, they can have front row seats to the parade, and have hot chocolate and a couple cookies (I have never seen the adults eat the cookies, but the kids love em!)

Niwel
10-05-2006, 09:30 AM

I believe it is longer than two hours ... but it includes two attractions, a train ride and a parade (and you do get to almost every land to check out the decor). A few of the times I took the tour they grouped the families with kids in one tour and ones without in another (they usually have two tours simultaneously -- but doing things in a slightly different order). There were several kids doing the tour who enjoyed it A LOT -- some I think were as young as 3.
One year they even threw in Minnie's Xmas party at the Fantasyland Theater....

I don't know if they have any plans to add in DCA or the hotels as they haven't in past years (but you never know). :)

animalx
10-05-2006, 09:45 AM
What are the prices for this tour?

Niwel
10-05-2006, 09:50 AM
What are the prices for this tour?
The woman I spoke with didn't know ... they probably haven't finalized all of it yet... but I'll keep checking. If anyone hears anything please post here....

Niele
10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Thank you all for the information - It sounds really great and I'm signing us up!!!

Malcon10t
10-05-2006, 01:20 PM
What are the prices for this tour?Last year, it was $49. I would expect it to stay about the same.

kikid
10-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Last year, it was $49. I would expect it to stay about the same.
Hi Malcon;
Would you recommend this for a 19 & 15 year old (boys)? I would like to take the tour with hubby and boys, but I'm worried they might think I've lost my mind;) Thanks

Malcon10t
10-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Malcon;
Would you recommend this for a 19 & 15 year old (boys)? I would like to take the tour with hubby and boys, but I'm worried they might think I've lost my mind;) ThanksI did it with an 18 DS, 17 DD 2-15yo (DS abd friend) and a 13yo DD (and a service dog!). Now, my kids are as into Disney as I am, so they enjoyed it. It was fun learning about different traditions at the park. They have all also done the 50th and the Walts Footsteps tours. If your kids strictly like the fast rides, they may get bored. But if they enjoy the sights and sounds of the park, they will probably like the tour.

Tink232
10-13-2006, 12:47 PM
I am looking for something special for a group to do in December. We have done the Christmas tour, but we would be willing to do again because we loved the cookie and special seating for the parade. Is the tour the same every year or is there something that ends with special seating for the fireworks?

Thanks for any and all information.

Tink232
10-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Please anyone??

Niwel
10-16-2006, 01:37 PM
I believe it is the same every year -- you can book now for 30 days from now. See this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=61526&highlight=Tour) for more info on that.

disneybride4106
10-17-2006, 10:23 AM
My Dh called vacation planning yesterday to ask about it. They are going to try and get us tickets for the Christmas Day tour and will call us Nov. 25 to let us know. They are $59 per person this year (there is an AP discount but I don't have our APs activated yet so I wasn't able to get the discount).

We're so excited and can't wait :D We haven't told DD about the trip yet...but it's getting very hard for me to keep the secret....Only 67 days to go!

Laura

Niwel
10-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Just a heads up -- if you go on the tour Dec. 2 or 3 it will be in the daytime because of the Candlelight Processional... all others should be in the evening

Malcon10t
10-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Just a heads up -- if you go on the tour Dec. 2 or 3 it will be in the daytime because of the Candlelight Processional... all others should be in the eveningI've done the tour both in early afternoon and evening. They usually time it to end with the parades. When I have done them have been during the week between Christmas and New Years. The last one we did, they had 5 groups touring.

Niwel
10-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Info from Disneyland.com:

Immerse yourself in a winter wonderland of Disney magic as you experience the Holidays at the DisneylandŽ Resort! Discover the holiday history of DisneylandŽ Park, from the early days of Walt Disney to today. Learn about holiday legends and customs of cultures throughout the world, plus, see all the enchanting decorations and celebrations in true Disney fashion.

Tour highlights:
Express boarding for "it's a small world" Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday
Commemorative pin
Reserved seating for "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade
A surprise holiday treat
Capacity: Each Tour is limited to 15 Guests
Tour Length: 2.5 hours
Price Info: $59 per person/ $47.20 per person for Annual Passholders between 11/17/06 - 11/30/06