PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass Purchase [upgrading hopper]

Jason Reynolds
10-04-2006, 08:13 AM
So, I have this friend who has purchased half-used 5-day park hopper passes to the DLR resort. She would like to upgrade to an annual pass with the passports, is there any way that Disney would figure out how the tickets were originally purchased and not let her upgrade to an annual pass? They would still be getting more money in their pocket so I don't know why it would matter.

Thanks for your input!

JR

hlbtimes2
10-04-2006, 08:21 AM
I wont get in to the ethics of it. Disney would know if they have been signed. There is spot on the back to sign. If the previous owner signed them, it could be a problem. She needs to make sure she is in the park with in the 13 day window that the tickets are good for, and needs to upgrade before the end of 5th day of use.

stan4d_steph
10-04-2006, 08:24 AM
As long as there are still valid admission days on the pass, you should still be able to upgrade the pass to an AP. You will receive credit toward an AP for the purchase amount indicated on the pass.

ghoofie
10-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I wont get in to the ethics of it. Disney would know if they have been signed. There is spot on the back to sign. If the previous owner signed them, it could be a problem. She needs to make sure she is in the park with in the 13 day window that the tickets are good for, and needs to upgrade before the end of 5th day of use.

I too won't get into the ethics...but I know 3 people who bought used
tickets, unsigned, and then upgraded it to an AP when they got to the park.
The upgrade included the original price of the 5-day hopper, so they got AP's really cheap. Again....ethics.

Jason Reynolds
10-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Did you approach those 3 people and tell them how they shouldn't have done what they did? Perhaps this question was asked because someone wanted to know if people really can get away with it and if they do perhaps someone would or should stop it. They don't sell Southwest Airline vouchers on Ebay anymore because of the way people abused the privelage of having a free airline ticket and then selling them for money. I see the same problem with people purchasing half used passports and upgrading to AP's, it's not fair that I have to pay full price and they don't!

Oh yeah, please tell me how you've never done anything wrong in your lifetime. I'd love to know how you do it!