PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Dinner Reservations to be done online starting November 5th

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Darkbeer
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
DlandJB over at LaughingPlace.com (Doug Marsh's wife) got the following info....

http://mb.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-80365-P-1&Refresh=1003132231&C=1

I called Disney Dining to see if they were taking reservations yet for Candlelight.

She asked if I was an Annual Passholder and then said that beginning November 5th they will be taking reservations online at the AP web site. Credit card purchase in advance. They do not yet have information as to how much it will cost or if there are any restrictions on the number of tickets (past experience says probably).

kikid
10-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Darkbeer;
Do they typically take reservations online, or is this new?
Thanks,

Darkbeer
10-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Darkbeer;
Do they typically take reservations online, or is this new?
Thanks,

This will be a new procedure

But it should help out.

No need to swamp the Disney Dining phone numbers (and no more busy signals)

The Reservation and Credit Card can be processed electronically.

A printout can be made of the transaction....

Also, you should be able to see your different choices and pricing on a menu, and what is still available, instead fo someone having to read it all to you on the phone.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

lisap
10-03-2006, 01:03 PM
The morning of MouseAdventure. Figures.:rolleyes:
;)

pisces
10-03-2006, 01:08 PM
And, if you are not an Annual Passholder?

Darkbeer
10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
To get Early Entry, buy a 3 day or longer ParkHopper in Advance.

Or stay at a Disney owned hotel (subject to change, but don't think they will stop it).

mckygirl99
10-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Darkbeer, what were the dates for the processional again??

kikid
10-03-2006, 02:22 PM
This will be a new procedure

But it should help out.

No need to swamp the Disney Dining phone numbers (and no more busy signals)

The Reservation and Credit Card can be processed electronically.

A printout can be made of the transaction....

Also, you should be able to see your different choices and pricing on a menu, and what is still available, instead fo someone having to read it all to you on the phone.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Thank you Darkbeer for the updated info. One more question: I was planning to renew my AP on Dec 1st (when we arrive at the parks) Do you think they will let me make reservations with an expired card? Or, could I possibly use my sons card, which is still active???

Darkbeer
10-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Thank you Darkbeer for the updated info. One more question: I was planning to renew my AP on Dec 1st (when we arrive at the parks) Do you think they will let me make reservations with an expired card? Or, could I possibly use my sons card, which is still active???

I would use your son's name and AP number to log onto the AP section at Disneyland.com, and then use the name and address of the person on the credit card (I presume yours) on the actual reservation page.

This is similar to what was done for the Mickey's Halloween Treat ticket selling online.

kikid
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
I would use your son's name and AP number to log onto the AP section at Disneyland.com, and then use the name and address of the person on the credit card (I presume yours) on the actual reservation page.

This is similar to what was done for the Mickey's Halloween Treat ticket selling online.
:D thanks

THpoohbear
10-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Darkbeer, what were the dates for the processional again??

The dates are Dec. 2 and 3. Two performances each night.

Maus
10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Traditionally, will the narrator be announced prior to Nov. 5? If so, I think this is a great improvement. If not I don't like the idea of paying for seating in advance and then perhaps changing my mind. I've seen the Processional so many times the narrator makes a difference to me.

kiwifuz
10-03-2006, 06:51 PM
And, if you are not an Annual Passholder?

Good question... It'll be interesting to see how this sells out, and if it'll be available to the general public at all.

It is a pretty good idea though!

I would hope that they know the narrator first. Otherwise this probably won't sell out to APs right away. I think it might matter to most people who's narrating.

edited: I'm thinking this kind of goes against the whole idea of the CP not being a "public" event. In the past haven't they not publicized things about the show? hmm

TLKbroadway
10-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info.

I can't wait to find out who is going to narrate the show.

pisces
10-03-2006, 07:03 PM
So Annual Passholders get priority seating.

I have no intention of buying an AP.

I get a better deal with Park Hoppers.

"edited: I'm thinking this kind of goes against the whole idea of the CP not being a "public" event. In the past haven't they not publicized things about the show? hmm"---Kiwifuzz

Yeah, I'll say.

A very public...gimmick to goad people into buying APs.

stan4d_steph
10-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Sounds like a fine idea to me. It's like many ticket sales nowadays. If you are a member of a fanclub or sign up for a newsletter, you are given priority and the opportunity to get in on a presale.

pisces
10-04-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure that's what we're talking about.

Purchasing an AP is not exactly the same as simply being a member of a fan club, or subscribing to a newsletter.

(I'm not bitter, really)

I think you can live on Park Hoppers and still be just as much of a fan.

The AP just doesn't work for me, in that the days I go are usually blocked, and it's cheaper for me with Park Hoppers.

But that doesn't make me any less of a fan.

I still say the most democratic, non-Elitist way of doing this, would be simply...

....to open a waiting list months before, and let everyone who's interested in seating/dinner reservations sign up--

---and then hold a lottery.

At least, if that were the case, everyone---and I mean everyone (Parkhoppers, APers, Misc....) has a shot.

stan4d_steph
10-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Belonging to a fanclub typically involves paying for it, so it's the same type of thing. An AP may be more expensive than a fanclub though.

Fanclub presales are just as "elitist," by your definition, as the AP presale is. AP holders get first dibs, then others will be able to book. We don't know yet that the average day guest won't be able to purchase a dinner package. Disneyland may hold some slots back for that.

SDMom
10-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Does anyone have an estimate of the cost of the reserved seat/dinner package? Any experiences with this from last year?

TLKbroadway
10-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Is it only required that the person who makes reservations have an AP pass? I am assuming that not everyone in the party needs one, right?

pisces
10-04-2006, 11:48 AM
My understanding is that this is a .....religious event, and not purely just a Disney (Fans of Disney) event...

..although I'm sure the two groups (fans-and religious) overlap here and there.

I'm thinking there are people who never visit Disney, but for this one occasion.

--People who take an interest in religious events, no matter where they occur, but wouldn't necessarily visit the Park otherwise.

Forcing those sorts of people to buy an AP, doesn't make sense to me...just for this one event.

stan4d_steph
10-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Forcing those sorts of people to buy an AP, doesn't make sense to me...just for this one event.We don't know yet that people without APs won't be able to get a reservation. In addition, you can always just stand in the town square area and hear the music and presentation. That doesn't require any outlay of cash at all beyond park admission.

pisces
10-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Nobody knows anything, really....officially.

This memo was from Laughing Place, and I don't know if that's considered official.

That seems to be the big problem.

Not much has changed from last year.

Other than you can now go online provided....you are willing to buy an AP.

And even that's iffy.

What if it turns out thousands of APers are actually interested this year...

....the whole thing hinges on how fast your modem works.

I suppose it's better than playing the telephone call-in game....

But still, I would imagine those with a T-1, or Broadband, will get through faster than dial-ups.

__________________________________________________ ___________

And yeah, not knowing who the narrator will be, perhaps even one-month before....

What if it's Bill Clinton....doing the narrating?

You might want to give people a little more notice than one-month.

Although, hopefully, they are wise enough not to choose anyone political.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Sitting down matters to me.

When it's a religious chorale event; I like to savor those, close my eyes, and let the music sink in.

If it were Fantasmic, or the Fireworks......I don't mind catching that informally.

But, I think, for me....the religious/spiritual element to this makes it a lot more than just ....catching it on the fly, or trying to jostle over people.

I'd want a seat for this.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Don't cry for me, though.

I've already decided, enough is enough.

I've booked tickets for "Glory Of Christmas" on Saturday Dec. 2 , at the Crystal Cathedral.

So, I'll get my Christmas pagaent and Chorus, seat included.

And guess what?

Unlike Disney....the Crystal Cathedral doesn't make you buy a membership to see it!

TLKbroadway
10-04-2006, 07:56 PM
well I guess you could sit on the side somewhere and listen then if you close your eyes. I remember one year we didn't have seats but we were on main street listening. It was good.

kiwifuz
10-04-2006, 08:51 PM
SDMom, you may want to read the past Mouseplanet article on the CP. It explained how it worked in the past. Also there's a thread from last year I think. Sorry I don't really have time to search for it right now. The other thread that's been replied to in the last few days might reference it now. (sorry I should be in bed now, have to be up in a few hours for work ;) ) Last year we did the lowest dining plan which required $40/person at either Hook's Pointe or Storytellers I think??

Anyway, what I was referencing was the fact that in the past the event wasn't really publicized at all, let alone did they ever officially "open" dining reservations. It was kind of a word of mouth kind of thing. As far as I know before the dining packages seats were reserved for park sponsors only.

I just find it interesting that in the past it wasn't such a money grubbing, publicized thing... Sorry hard to explain without reading info about this not being so public before.

Oh and I agree, I'd want a seat too. Sorry but I don't know that during the duration of this I would want a bad view of trees, people's heads, light poles, etc ;)

It'll be interesting how this works out. I wonder how much the APs will care about getting dining reservations & seats?