PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bit confused about buying an AP online

CariBelle
10-03-2006, 10:05 AM
I know this has been discussed before but I couldn't find a thread that answered my exact questions, so I apologize in advance!

1. If I buy a SoCal AP online, do I need to have something mailed to me before I can use it in the park? Or do I just print something when I purchase it?

2. The first day we plan on visiting is a black out day, I can still enter the park on that day, correct?

hlbtimes2
10-03-2006, 11:53 AM
1) I'm pretty sure they mail you a voucher. If you are going soon, I'm guessing you could will call it or just buy it when you get there. I don think its cheaper to do it in advance, like tickets.

2) Yes, you can use the first day on a black out day.

CariBelle
10-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks!

Darkbeer
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Currently, they are mailing you a voucher (or pick it up at Will Call)

Sometime next month, "Disney's E Ticket" will premiere (Currently they are upgrading all the turnstiles podiums, scheduled to be finished by October 13th). This will allow guests to print one page out at home with a barcode, and then just show it at the turnstile, where a printer will print out all the tickets from the order. So if you ordered 3 AP's, 3 AP vouchers would print out, and then you would take those to the Bank of Main Street for processing.

Folks ordering ParkHoppers will get the actual ParkHoppers the first time thru the turnstile, and then use the ParkHoppers for the rest of the trip (no need for the printed page at home) this also works for the FP machines, since you need the card sized cardboard for the system to work.

CariBelle
10-03-2006, 03:48 PM
That's interesting Darkbeer. I was wondering if Disney had something like that, since Universal does something similar.

The Disneyland website says my voucher should be to me within 10 days, so if I order this week I should be ok for my trip on the 21st. I can also have it placed at will call, but I want to avoid standing lines pre park entry as much as possible.

I just thought of something, some of our grocery stores sell one day or two day tickets with the other gift cards, do they ever sel lthe SoCal season pass vouchers?

Darkbeer
10-03-2006, 05:56 PM
I just thought of something, some of our grocery stores sell one day or two day tickets with the other gift cards, do they ever sel lthe SoCal season pass vouchers?

The SoCal VONS and Pavillions sometimes have them.

CariBelle
10-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks again Darkbeer!

SoCalSteven
10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
What exactly do you get when you order an AP online? A voucher good for a ticket? An actual ticket? Anyone know if you can use a ticket/voucher for an AP with parking to park for free on the day you are using the voucher? Doesn't seem like much, but the parking fee could buy a few snacks in the park.

Also, if it is a ticket that you get, you can just go right to the gates, right? The AP pictures are done in the former restaraunt by the hub, right? (sorry, can't remember the name) I've got breakfaster reservations at 8am and I'd rather not wait in line at the ticket booth.

Darkbeer
10-05-2006, 07:58 PM
If you order online at the moment, you will be mailed a voucher (or go to Will Call to pick it up) that will allow you thru the turnstiles and vist the Bank of Main Street (next to the Opera House in Town Square, the old restaurant is no longer used for AP processing, except for very busy days) to have your photo taken, and be handed your plastic AP card. You can show your ticket (aka voucher) at the Parking Structure and be allowed to park for free.

Starting around Mid-November, you will be able to print a barcode at home and take it directly to the turnstiles to receive your voucher (Disney's E Ticket service).

SoCalSteven
10-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Perfect. No need to wait in line and $12 saved on parking.

Bytebear
10-05-2006, 09:00 PM
If you buy a Premium pass or add parking to another pass as the ticket booths, you can show them your parking receipt and they will refund the parking, so its free either way. But you are right. The lines are worth avoiding.

SoCalSteven
10-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Cool. Just don't want to get charged for something I'm already paying for in the pass.

BTW, the pass would be good from the day you go to the park and redeem the voucher, not for the day of purchase, right?

stan4d_steph
10-06-2006, 09:57 AM
BTW, the pass would be good from the day you go to the park and redeem the voucher, not for the day of purchase, right?Correct.

Darkbeer
10-06-2006, 09:59 AM
BTW, the pass would be good from the day you go to the park and redeem the voucher, not for the day of purchase, right?

Correct, the first day of use is how they calculate the expiration date.

But there is an expiration date on the voucher, usually around 90 days. If you fail to activate the voucher while it is still valid, current Disney policy to honor the price you paid toward the current prices for an AP, so if you got a voucher last spring, they would want a few extra dollars to process the voucher.

Bolivar
10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Currently, they are mailing you a voucher (or pick it up at Will Call)

Sometime next month, "Disney's E Ticket" will premiere (Currently they are upgrading all the turnstiles podiums, scheduled to be finished by October 13th). This will allow guests to print one page out at home with a barcode, and then just show it at the turnstile, where a printer will print out all the tickets from the order. So if you ordered 3 AP's, 3 AP vouchers would print out, and then you would take those to the Bank of Main Street for processing.

Folks ordering ParkHoppers will get the actual ParkHoppers the first time thru the turnstile, and then use the ParkHoppers for the rest of the trip (no need for the printed page at home) this also works for the FP machines, since you need the card sized cardboard for the system to work.
Any fear this will increase the wait to enter the park? Often the turnstiles have very long lines. If this increases the entry time by say 5 seconds per person, that time will start adding up to real delays pretty quickly.