PDA

View Full Version : Early Breakfast

MelissaR
10-03-2006, 08:50 AM
We will be at DLR December 9 - 13 :) On Sunday the park opens at 8 am, and we would like to eat breakfast before the park opens (we are early risers). I have been looking around, but I cant seem to find a restaurant that opens before 8. We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel and flying in, so bringing our own is not really an option (except granola bars). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

annieb727
10-03-2006, 09:41 AM
since you're staying at the DLH, there's always room service for breakfast. you will get a menu and you can check off what you want, put it on your door knob by midnight and get your food in the AM. There are 1/2 hour slots that you check off as to when you want your breakfast delivered...it starts with 6:00-6:30am. Of course, it's more expensive than going to a restaurant.

I believe that both Granville's and Goofy's Kitchen open at 7:00 - but I could be wrong. If those open at 7:00, then Storyteller's Cafe most likely would as well (it's yummy!) You can call 714-781-DINE for priority seating reservations as well as finding out when places open.

Hope that helps!

barely
10-03-2006, 09:51 AM
You might try Mimi's on S. Harbor next to HoJo's. They serve a GREAT breakfast, and we experienced fast service there.

barely
10-03-2006, 10:02 AM
They open at 7 AM :D

JookyG
10-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Unless you've got rugrats who need to get all gacked up on sugar and run around with characters that early in the morning, skip Goofy's Kitchen and go directly to Granville's. It's delicious, quiet, and reasonably priced, given how elegant it is.

tod
10-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Unless you've got rugrats who need to get all gacked up on sugar and run around with characters that early in the morning, skip Goofy's Kitchen and go directly to Granville's. It's delicious, quiet, and reasonably priced, given how elegant it is.

Bingo. I was about to say the same thing. As good as those other places are, they aren't right downstairs.

--t

potzbie
10-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Indeed, I once tried Granville's for breakfast.
A big Thumbs Up!

Weird, to eat eggs and sausage in a "steak house" atmosphere.
But, hey, the dining room does indeed look elegant.

And, I got a discount, thanks to my Annual Pass, to boot! :)

wabby1
10-03-2006, 10:51 AM
I would suggest the breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the PCH grill at the Disney Paradise Pier Hotel, which is within walking distance from the Disneyland Hotel. If memory serves me, they begin serving at 7am. We did the breakfast on our last trip, and the food was great, along with the interaction of the Disney characters.

jazzysmom
10-03-2006, 12:21 PM
We had a quick breakfast in Downtown Disney before 8 am at La Brea Bakery. Yummy bacon.