PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Cafe Orleans...

Rhiannon8404
10-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Who has eaten there? Did you like it? Was it crowded? Did you need priority seating ahead of time?

Andrew
10-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Here is a review (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=60744&highlight=cafe+orleans), and here is a long thread about the new menu (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=57281&highlight=cafe+orleans).

We haven't eaten there yet; we had a PS for Monday July 17 but they were having "technical difficulties" and we couldn't wait.

Goosegirl
10-02-2006, 10:48 PM
We went in July and ate lunch at Cafe Orleans. While the food was good, it was not very well plated and both my teenage daughter and I left hungry. We each had a salad with cajun shrimp. They were entree salads but just not very big. My dh had the monte cristo sandwich and it did not come with any sides. The sandwich was a good size and he ate the whole thing. When we used to get the monte cristo at the BB, it came with sides and we could not eat the whole meal. My baby got the best deal. She got the chicken childs meal. It was actually a large portion and more food than my entree salad.

While the wait staff was polite, we were in a corner table by the back door and had to get up to ask for drink refills and napkins. None of the wait staff came and asked us what we needed.

So we will probably not eat there again. It was not up to the standards we have come to expect at Disneyland.

Phantom2006
10-02-2006, 11:35 PM
I loved it. I have eaten there 2 times. I love the French Quarter Blackened Chicken Caesar salad. I think it is better eating outside. You are too much in the middle of the action. Well I sat right were the kitchen was. But I think it is better then he BB, mainly because of the price.

annieb727
10-03-2006, 03:48 AM
I went there last month...the food was really good...nice to get a Monte Cristo cheaper than Blue Bayou. It came with grapes and a couple of strawberries...definitely enough food for one person - probably could have split it with someone if we were sharing a dessert too. The service wasn't the best, (but much better than what I've expericence at Carnation Cafe). I had to always ask if I wanted something - and it seemed to take forever to get it too. But I will definitely eat there again! YUMMM!!

Sith_Hunter
10-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Hello. My wife and I celebrated my birthday there (and to add to it, we just started a very rigorous diet lifestyle change), and it was great. We made last minute reservations a few days ahead (on the Disney Dine line), and it worked out great. I got a salad, stayed within my calorie range (figuring in a little more walking than normal that day), and we really enjoyed it. Sure, there wasn't a huge menu to choose from, but it was in a great place in the park, a bit tucked away, and we can give it two ears, way up!

Syndrome
10-04-2006, 11:40 AM
We were there over Labor Day and thought the food was good. My wife and I both got Monte Cristos. She got the regular one, and I got the all cheese version. In the future, we'll only order one as the serving size is pretty big.

Also, I wasn't expecting much from their Pommes Frites, but they were actually pretty good, especially w/ the aioli they came with.

Overall, it's a little pricey, but much cheaper than the Blue Bayou. I would recommend going if you can.