PDA

View Full Version : Taxi to HoJo's?

Abby's Mom
10-02-2006, 07:33 PM
We are staying at HOJO's from the 20-24, We are going to MHT on Sunday the 22nd. If we are tired and it is late, I am wondering how much a taxi would cost? Just me and dd 6.

Malcon10t
10-02-2006, 08:08 PM
We are staying at HOJO's from the 20-24, We are going to MHT on Sunday the 22nd. If we are tired and it is late, I am wondering how much a taxi would cost? Just me and dd 6.Minimum charge is usually $5.

mommy-san
10-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Whats MHT?

annieb727
10-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Whats MHT?

Mickey's Halloween Treat

Andrew
10-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Whats MHT?
Mickey's Halloween Treat (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=61072&highlight=mickey%27s+halloween+treat).

PAPACITO
10-02-2006, 08:50 PM
You could probably just take one of the Anaheim resort shuttles. Im sure one will go to HoJo.

emmah
10-03-2006, 01:05 AM
We are staying at HOJO's from the 20-24, We are going to MHT on Sunday the 22nd. If we are tired and it is late, I am wondering how much a taxi would cost? Just me and dd 6.

Hi there, I caught a taxi from DLH to Hojos last year and it cost about $12 if I remember correctly.

annieb727
10-03-2006, 03:50 AM
Hi there, I caught a taxi from DLH to Hojos last year and it cost about $12 if I remember correctly.

YIKES...that seems high for such a short ride!! I went from Buena Park (near Knott's) to DLH for $20.

ghoofie
10-03-2006, 06:56 AM
One of our friends was SO tired leaving the park, she took a cab to the castle inn. I think it was $5.

funglu
10-03-2006, 07:10 AM
We had an early Character Breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel and used a taxi from the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove: $5 (trip was roughly two miles). ART does have a stop at HoJo, that is an excellent option since the kids are free.

--but--

if you are walking out to get a taxi or ART, aren't you going to be already half-way to the hotel? It would seem faster and easier just to walk the rest of the way.

Malcon10t
10-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi there, I caught a taxi from DLH to Hojos last year and it cost about $12 if I remember correctly.Wow, that is way too much. We generally will do a cab to the DLH for Goofy's and have never paid more than $5. We also do a cab from DLH to the Amtrak by the Pond, and it was always a flat $5. But then if you used South Coast Taxi, who knows, because they were doing all sorts of weird things, like charging a friend extra cause she had a wheelchair, and trying to put my daughter's service pup in the trunk.... Til the nice police officer said "No, the dog rides with her." I won't use South Coast.

barely
10-03-2006, 07:56 AM
Fare was 9.00 the last two times we took a taxi fom DL to HoJo's. That was in September.

Malcon10t
10-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Fare was 9.00 the last two times we took a taxi fom DL to HoJo's. That was in September.Ours was last April, but I would have hoped rates wouldn't go up that much. That said, the OP should be catching the taxi in front of Disneyland, and the trip should be less than 2 blocks. Even running the meter, I wouldn't expect it to be more than $4 ($2.30 for pick up and first 1/8 mile, then $.35 a 1/8 after that I believe is the rate.)

Glennbo
10-03-2006, 06:37 PM
It's 400 metres away.......why would you taxi unless an invalid?

Or there's MacDonalds halfway if you need to up the energy levels with a big Mac super combo and a couple of fudge sundaes.

Abby's Mom
10-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Sorry to sound wossie, but after a full day at the park we usually take the monorail back to DLH, for the money I am saving staying off site, I figure a taxi one night after MHT isn't so bad.

Malcon10t
10-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Sorry to sound wossie, but after a full day at the park we usually take the monorail back to DLH, for the money I am saving staying off site, I figure a taxi one night after MHT isn't so bad.Hey, don't sweat it. I have been that exhausted before and its worth spending the $5. One thing, the ART bus to the Hojo is the B bus. Its closer than the taxiis. If the bus is there when you are walking towards the taxi, take the bus for $3. Otherwise, you will go thru the center section of the trams (by the H, I, J buses) then cross to the taxi cabs at the end of the walkway.

Rockchalker
10-05-2006, 07:27 AM
It's 400 metres away.......why would you taxi unless an invalid?

Or there's MacDonalds halfway if you need to up the energy levels with a big Mac super combo and a couple of fudge sundaes.

Because you are exhausted and about to fall asleep.
Because you have a 6 year child who is exhausted and about to fall asleep.
Because you have a ton of packages.
Because you have a ton of packages filled with goodies that you just had to have until you get home and wonder, "Why did I buy that?"
Because you did not wear Crocs and have blisters.
Because you did not wear Crocs and your feet hurt.
Because after spending 10 hours in the park, walking and walking and walking, you just want to get the #$@@ hotel and rest so you can do it again tomorrow! :)

Malcon10t
10-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Because you are exhausted and about to fall asleep.
Because you have a 6 year child who is exhausted and about to fall asleep.
Because you have a ton of packages.
Because you have a ton of packages filled with goodies that you just had to have until you get home and wonder, "Why did I buy that?"
Because you did not wear Crocs and have blisters.
Because you did not wear Crocs and your feet hurt.
Because after spending 10 hours in the park, walking and walking and walking, you just want to get the #$@@ hotel and rest so you can do it again tomorrow! :)ROTFL!!!!! Absolutely correct! We have taken a taxi from the Hilton to Disneyland even though we had ART passes... WHY? Because we couldn't wait to get to the park!!!! We wanted to be there NOW!

After a long day at the park, that 7-10 minute walk looks more like 2 hours with a tired, and by now probably cranky, 6 yo!