PDA

View Full Version : end of the holidays

ministrychick77
10-02-2006, 05:41 PM
ok. from what i've read, all the holiday stuff ends on jan. 2nd. do you think they'll take everything down that night or take it down little by little? i've got family that might be meeting us there on the 3rd for a day or two, and they've got a little girl who's about 6. she's kinda interested in seeing some of the holiday stuff.

now that i think about it, will they automatically shut down HMH and IaSWH to take that stuff out?

any answers will be helpful.

ministrychick77
10-02-2006, 10:05 PM
*cheap bump inserted here*

Malcon10t
10-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Everyone has different opinions and only time will tell. Considering schools dont get out til Dec 22, and don't return til Jan 9th, *my opinion* is that they won't start taking down the big stuff til Jan 9th. The past 4-5 years, school has restarted Jan 2-5 and they started taking down when school resumed. I think that will happen again this year. BUT, they may decide to go ahead and start stripping the park with all the holiday guests still there.

MaraMouse
10-02-2006, 10:40 PM
If you go to disneyland.com and click (calendar, sorry I edited this), go to the month you want and click the calendar date you are concerned about and it will tell you if any attractions are closed for holiday take down, I remember doing this before planning my trip dates last yr because I was afraid of any surprises of closed attractions.

I also remember clicking all the dates to see when they actually did take it down, but I can't remeber which days those were, but 1 thing I do remember is that in the first week of jan. the park goes back to closing early I think, not sure, I would check it myself right now because I'm curious but I'm on my sidekick and the disneyland site won't work on it

IdahoMike
10-03-2006, 07:22 AM
The calendar is available on the DL website for January, and as of today, there are no closures listed other than Francis' Ladybug Boogie, and the parks still have extended hours for week 1 of January! YAY!

pisces
10-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Extended hours that week?

DCA closes at 8 pm, on Jan 2.....and that's assuming good weather !

The fact that they are closing DCA at 8pm that week.....that should be a tip-off.

In any case, my advice is to just be flexible.

---read a thread titled "Monday Jan 2, 2006--Disorganized Disney"

And remember, nothing is guaranteed, they reserve the right to change park hours, events, etc...for no reason, or any reason.

And that particular week, especially.

Malcon10t
10-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Extended hours that week?

DCA closes at 8 pm, on Jan 2.....and that's assuming good weather !

The fact that they are closing DCA at 8pm that week.....that should be a tip-off.

In any case, my advice is to just be flexible.

---read a thread titled "Monday Jan 2, 2006--Disorganized Disney"

And remember, nothing is guaranteed, they reserve the right to change park hours, events, etc...for no reason, or any reason.

And that particular week, especially.BUT, school resumed for the majority of CA students on Jan 3 that year, this year we have Jan 9th as a return day. Disneyland closes at 11pm all week. Fantasmic! will have 2 showings all week. Rosebowl players will be here and most colleges aren't resuming winter schedules til Jan 9th. And DCA closing at 8pm is later than the norm of 6pm.