PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland after New Years' Eve?

ChiTownCinderella
10-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Hello!

I'm taking my first trip to DL in January, probably around the 3rd or 4th. (I've done WDW at least 15 times and am a Disney-addict so this is really exciting for me!) I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the crowds around this time? I figured since it was after the holidays and during the week, hopefully things will be quiet, but any suggestions or experiences would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Malcon10t
10-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Hello!

I'm taking my first trip to DL in January, probably around the 3rd or 4th. (I've done WDW at least 15 times and am a Disney-addict so this is really exciting for me!) I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the crowds around this time? I figured since it was after the holidays and during the week, hopefully things will be quiet, but any suggestions or experiences would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
Several of us have different views on this. But, I think it is going to be busy still. Schools and colleges don't return to classes til the 8th or 9th of Jan. The don't get out til Dec 22. Because of this, many people who normally go the week before Christmas and view the week between Christmas and NY as too busy, will be there the betwen the 2 and 6th. The guest services person I talked with said she thinks they will be leaving the Christmas decor up thru that week. I don't think it will be as busy as Dec 27-Jan1, I don't think it will be totally quiet either.

pisces
10-02-2006, 04:11 PM
I think a lot depends on the weather.

For the past 3, or 4 years....the weather has been yucky during that week.

If the weather is really severe, I don't think people show up.

Example: NYE 2004.

And if nobody shows up, because of bad weather....that week, especially, I have to wonder how dedicated the Park will be to showing parades and fireworks....much less keeping the Park open extended hours.