PDA

View Full Version : Updated Pirates of the Caribbean

Katran
10-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new here (though I've been reading MousePlanet articles for years) and I did do a search for my question and couldn't find anything. I find it hard to believe there isn't already a thread about this, so if I somehow missed it please point me in the right direction.

Anyway, my question is this: for those of you who have ridden Pirates of the Caribbean both before and after the update that added stuff from the movies, what do you think? Was it a big change? Is it better? Worse? Very noticeable? I was told by cast members (of Disneyland, not the films, lol) that the basic ride would stay the same, nothing would be removed, but that there would be "cameo appearances" by characters from the films. Do you find this to be true?

Thanks everyone! Again, if this topic already exists please point me to it.

Andrew
10-02-2006, 11:19 AM
There was an extensive discussion of the Pirates changes here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=58002&highlight=pirates). However, that thread is now over two months old, so please continue the thread right here.

Katran
10-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks! It sounds like most everyone is pleased with the changes. I can't wait to see it myself! We're hoping to go for the POTC III premier.

I can't believe I couldn't find that thread. I searched for "Pirates", "ride", "update" and "new". You'd think it would have come up. Oh well.

annieb727
10-02-2006, 02:37 PM
I liked the changes too...I like the Jack Sparrow additions. Two thumbs up from me :D

Frogberto
10-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I like the changes, and it remains an incredibly detailed immersive ride. They changed the audio speakers throughout the ride, and it's high quality and great. I find it interesting, however, that those that were most vocal about the "changing of a legend" when the new bride moved into the Haunted Mansion also seem to like the "new" Pirates as well. Maybe it's a Johnny Depp thing.

(I love the bride also, by the way).

Katran
10-03-2006, 03:40 AM
Thanks for your responses guys! I'm sure I'll love it. I was a bit leary when I first heard they were going to be adding stuff from the movies, even though I really love the films. But it sounds like they blended the best of both worlds.

There's a new bride in the Haunted Mansion? When did this happen?

ShirleyFilms
10-03-2006, 08:46 AM
I don't know WHEN she was added, but the new bride in the Haunted Mansion is the best addition to that ride EVER! (imho). :) (the whole attic scene is much better now)

Unfortunately (or fortunately... depending on your perspective), the Nightmare Before Christmas has taken over the Haunted Mansion until January... so we won't get to see the Bride for a while.

SactoGuy
10-03-2006, 10:09 AM
I really liked the updates... the sound is a hundred times better too! So its good =) and i liked the bride scene in the mansion as well!!!!

Katran
10-03-2006, 12:02 PM
My husband and I were there in early March and I'm pretty sure it was the same old bride (who I always thought looked rather stiff and mannequin-like compared to all the other animatronics), so she must have been changed after that.

Well, we won't be going until next May, so she'll be back up by then. I can't wait to see the changes to both rides!

Thanks for your input everyone. I am so excited to see the updates now. May is such a long way away! I don't know if I can wait.

daisylovesdk
10-04-2006, 05:58 PM
have we seen the barbossa mural yet? i took it yesterday

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/daisylovesdk/potc%20ride/barbossamural.jpg

daisylovesdk
10-04-2006, 06:01 PM
has anyone heard about a 4th jack sparrow on potc?

1...behind dresses
2...in barrel
3...with treasure at end
4...????

someone told me the rumor but i asked a cm yesterday and they said no

Caribbrz
10-04-2006, 07:11 PM
No, I heard they are considering a 4th movie not a 4th Jack in the ride....just a rumor

jswtsang
10-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Is the treasure cache where Capt Jack sparrow is sitting at the end, or that big treasure room in during the ride?

I'm trying to play the AP trivia game and I'm not sure if the answer is "among the treasures in the grotto" or "Locked in the jail cell". I actually went on the ride to try to figure it out but there are giant chests in just about every scene! well at least in both of those!

Thanks!
jt

ken001b
10-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Isnt the 4th Captain Jack Sparrow the painted mural in the queue when you first walk in the show building?

jswtsang
10-10-2006, 05:52 AM
I think my question got moved so it doesn't make sense, I'm looking for where the aztec gold treasure chest is, in the treasure room, or in a jail cell. It's amazing how many chests you'll see when looking for one :)

jt

Another Dimension
10-10-2006, 05:38 PM
have we seen the barbossa mural yet? i took it yesterday

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/daisylovesdk/potc%20ride/barbossamural.jpg
Nice pic! :)

I really like the Pirates changes and additions (to the attraction -- NOT the changes to New Orleans Square, those changes and cuts are horrible!)

In the attraction -- the new music, the added treasure, the bigger & better cannonball splashes, the new skeletons, Barbossa, Davy Jones and the trio of Captain Jacks are all cool with me.... :)

New Orleans Square should banish that boring & over-repetitive pirate band to the backside of the Island and get some more New Orleans jazz back already!
:cool:

Pirate Lover
10-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I think my question got moved so it doesn't make sense, I'm looking for where the aztec gold treasure chest is, in the treasure room, or in a jail cell. It's amazing how many chests you'll see when looking for one :)

jt

It's in the first treasure room, with the skeleton sitting in the middle of the pile of gold and whatnot. It's on the far right of the room, somewhat in the shadows. Hope that helps! :D

potzbie
10-10-2006, 11:06 PM
That reminds me of the old running gag in the old television comedy, "Get Smart." -- Maxwell Smart, "Agent 86", is confronted with an evil-doer, and tries to bluff his way out, with decreasing effectiveness, three times.

The same gag can be said of Disneyland management.
Imagine the CEO of Disney corporation talking to the president of Disneyland Park.
CEO: "Corporate headquarters has demanded that Disneyland's New Orleans Square reduce its budget."

PRES.: "I was planning to budget for a dixieland band, a wandering acappella vocal group, a jazz trio, and a photo op with a mime."

CEO: "No way!"

PRES.: "Would you believe: a Cajun accordionist who sings, and a photo op with the crawfish from 'The Little Mermaid'?"

CEO: "No. Cut more off the budget."

PRES.: "Would you believe: A drunken pirate soaking in the Rivers of America, and a photo op with the crows from 'Song of the South'?"
:)

jswtsang
10-11-2006, 06:29 AM
It's in the first treasure room, with the skeleton sitting in the middle of the pile of gold and whatnot. It's on the far right of the room, somewhat in the shadows. Hope that helps! :D

Thank you very much! Are you entering the contest too? I had fun looking for that (even though I couldn't figure it out) and also counting the number of boats in the ride (from the last backstage pass magazine ) :)

jt

stan4d_steph
10-11-2006, 06:55 AM
Thank you very much! Are you entering the contest too? I had fun looking for that (even though I couldn't figure it out) and also counting the number of boats in the ride (from the last backstage pass magazine ) :)
The last day for entry submissions to the Honda Fit contest was September 30.

Pirate Lover
10-11-2006, 07:38 AM

jt

I was going to, but I missed the deadline...

jswtsang
10-11-2006, 08:45 AM
maybe I read wrong but it just said it had to be postmarked by Oct 15th. (I thought)
Just checked and in the official rules it says postmarked oct 15, received oct 17 HURRY! :)