PDA

View Full Version : Year of a Million Dreams Ears

Pages : [1] 2

CariBelle
09-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Does anyone have a picture of the new ears yet? I know they aren't out until the 1st, but was hoping they had been posted somewhere :)

jswtsang
10-02-2006, 05:53 AM
I was at the park yesterday, Oct 1 and I saw some people with cute cloud ears, with silver ears/cloud hat parts. I got closer and it said something like Live your dream on the back. I'm guessing that's part of the new Year of a Million Dreams promotion, it also said it was the YOAMD on the map they were giving out. I have to say the ears are cute, but I didn't see a whole lot of them, so I bet I won't win any this year. They remind me of the cloud people who used to pick participants for the parade of the stars :p

Not sure what the lanyards look like.

jt

Darkbeer
10-02-2006, 06:57 AM
Here is a photo of the ears...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1954545/3/99273050/Large

And the Pin Lanyard....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1954545/5/99275524/Large

And then AVP got a shot of a Dream FASTPASS in Orlando...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd061002mg

Darkbeer
10-02-2006, 06:57 AM
Here is a photo of the ears...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1954545/3/99273050/Large

And the Pin Lanyard....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1954545/5/99275524/Large

And then AVP got a shot of a Dream FASTPASS in Orlando...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd061002mg

SDMom
10-02-2006, 08:28 AM
My DS and I were at DLR yesterday also. I have to say that I'm not fond of the YOMD concept. I walked around with the same feeling I had when I didn't get picked for dodge ball on the playground as a kid. I knew what the CMs with the blue pants and black messanger bags had, however, they never picked us, (they were everywhere). :{
It is kind of a weird promotion. Only a few will benefit. If you don't know about it - no big deal, however, no fun if you know about the prizes and don't win. I can buy my own ears so, that is not the prize that I covet - I want that fastpass. ;)
This is a case of ignorance is bliss.
Anyone else get that left out feeling?

Vegitabeta
10-02-2006, 08:30 AM
My DS and I were at DLR yesterday also. I have to say that I'm not fond of the YOMD concept. I walked around with the same feeling I had when I didn't get picked for dodge ball on the playground as a kid. I knew what the CMs with the blue pants and black messanger bags had, however, they never picked us, (they were everywhere). :{
It is kind of a weird promotion. Only a few will benefit. If you don't know about it - no big deal, however, no fun if you know about the prizes and don't win. I can buy my own ears so, that is not the prize that I covet - I want that fastpass. ;)
This is a case of ignorance is bliss.
Anyone else get that left out feeling?
Me! Even though I'm not there, I might be at WDW next year, and it is annoying!

CariBelle
10-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks Darkbeer!

Boo's Mommy
10-02-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm looking forward to our trip later this month and we are all crossing our fingers that we'll get to win something! Though I would agree about that feeling of being left out, for even a small prize. They should have made the CMs granting the prizes more incognito so people don't have to see all the special clothed CMs around and still not winning anything.

hlbtimes2
10-02-2006, 01:05 PM
We wont be going until sometime in 2007- so I'm not currently feeling left out. LOL However, it concerns me that one of my children will win something, even something small, and the other child will have hurt feelings.

acpalmer
10-02-2006, 01:22 PM
We wont be going until sometime in 2007- so I'm not currently feeling left out. LOL However, it concerns me that one of my children will win something, even something small, and the other child will have hurt feelings.

Linda, that's my concern, too. It will be easier to explain to the 5 year old, but the three year old is a whole different story. I know it's a life lesson--just not one I care to teach at DL, KWIM?

SDMom
10-02-2006, 01:58 PM
I hope that is not a problem. Looked to me that if one member of a family got something - they all did.

However, we will have to wait until someone reports here with personal experience. Hope we hear from a lucky MPer soon. :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I like the ears, not sure if I will be purchasing some, but would be happy to win a pair, just to have.
I always get a coffee mug when we go, even though I don't drink coffee. :confused: So that is what I will be looking for on my trip in 2 weeks. A clouded mug with the castle and words on it, would be nice to add to my colleciton.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-02-2006, 07:16 PM
:rolleyes: Kinda cute, I'll probably HAVE to have them when I go to DL next time!!!

gabrielle2106
10-02-2006, 07:36 PM
I will be happy to buy my YOAD ears I have too, much nicer to win them but I don't expect too..our trip begins November1..until 21st, enough days at the park that you would think you would win something but i doubt it. I wonder if they announce how many 'dreams' were made come true per day..you wouldn't know if they give them away or not really.

Vicki in Oz:;)

Darkbeer
10-02-2006, 07:40 PM
I will be happy to buy my YOAD ears I have too, much nicer to win them but I don't expect too..our trip begins November1..until 21st, enough days at the park that you would think you would win something but i doubt it. I wonder if they announce how many 'dreams' were made come true per day..you wouldn't know if they give them away or not really.

Vicki in Oz:;)

The rules state that at LEAST 1,551 prizes will be given away a day (basically a real slow weekday, about 1,000 at WDW and 500 at DLR), the average wil be around 2,700 a day (1,800 at WDW, 900 at DLR), and on busy days, over 4,000 (2,700 at WDW, 1,300 at DLR).

TTFN92
10-02-2006, 09:06 PM
The ears are cute, I really like the silver ears, but they don't look like something a kid would be interested in. They definitely look like they are geared more for adults. I can't see any of my kids picking them while we are in the Mad Hatter with all the other fun stuff all around them.

johnx112
10-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Went to DLR today, didn't know you had to be chosen to win either the fastpass, ears, or lanyard. A bit sad, never chosen. It seems that the winners are chosen after rides. Good luck to all!!!

BTW, the lanyards are sweet!!! They also come with a cool PIN!

Vegitabeta
10-03-2006, 03:14 AM
Went to DLR today, didn't know you had to be chosen to win either the fastpass, ears, or lanyard. A bit sad, never chosen. It seems that the winners are chosen after rides. Good luck to all!!!

BTW, the lanyards are sweet!!! They also come with a cool PIN!
You have to win the ears and lanyards?:confused:

Darkbeer
10-03-2006, 04:33 AM
You have to win the ears and lanyards?:confused:

Yes, it is part of the Year of a Million Dreams giveaway, aka "The 15 months of 1.25 Million Prizes". They are exclusive prises, though you could try and win some by enterring the contest by mail... check out this weeks DLR update on the main MP page for more details. And they do have an UK address to mail in entries.

Here is the DLR version of the Dream FASTPASS

First the Disneyland version

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1960911/12/99687609/Large

And the DCA version (You win both cards, which are on the same lanyard)

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1960911/11/99687485/Large

Vegitabeta
10-03-2006, 05:15 AM
Ah ok, thank you!

jswtsang
10-03-2006, 05:36 AM
I like the ears, not sure if I will be purchasing some, but would be happy to win a pair, just to have.
I always get a coffee mug when we go, even though I don't drink coffee. :confused: So that is what I will be looking for on my trip in 2 weeks. A clouded mug with the castle and words on it, would be nice to add to my colleciton.

I don't even drink coffee and wanted the mug, it has a really cute mickey mouse and clouds on it. I also wanted the popcorn bucket but I really don't have the space at home...it was funny, in waiting in line for HMH, someone left/forgot their bucket in the queue, but I thought it would be weird to take someone's left over bucket :)

jt

shawnarae
10-03-2006, 09:08 AM
I want those ears!!!

Leap for Joy
10-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Darkbeer thanks for the pictures! Did you have to stalk the dream patrol CMs to get them? :D

Vegitabeta
10-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Darkbeer thanks for the pictures! Did you have to stalk the dream patrol CMs to get them? :D
I was wondering how he got them too!

Darkbeer
10-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I approached some winners that were walking by, and asked nicely if I could take a couple of photos.