PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Revival Team

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mandrake Linux
05-27-2001, 01:39 AM
Ok, I promised I wouldn't post any questions for today, so I'm going to try to make this as less as away from a question as I can.

Since the place is in bad shape, it will continue to be. Even if it's fixed, painted, etc... current management wont have it fixed as often. We should make a petition program so we can get the guy out of office, or at least have the media know about this rottingness. I wouldn't mind making him store and/or restaurant manager, because it seems like that's what he is good at. Sorry Paul, but you JUST have to go. Walt said "Disneyland is your land" so doesn't this mean we get to have our part in it also? Doesn't that kind of make it a democracy? I'm sure Walt did, for the good of the park. This kind of reminds me of Captain EO, when everything is bad, rotting, and dark until the perfect team comes along, and transforms it into a paradise. Wake up people! And do something for a change! I'm willing to open a website for this thing.

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-27-2001, 07:22 AM
I'm Right With You, Man!!!:cool:

Corith
05-29-2001, 08:55 AM
How about a private fund that would pay for the maintenance that is being neglected?

"Everybody chip-in a ten-spot and lets repaint Disneyland."

There could even be some sort of volunteer program to off-set the labor cost. Kinda like Nickelodeon's Big Help program.

Chronically420
05-29-2001, 10:15 AM
How about this..

We get a group of us together..And do a covert paint matching mission, taking samples from the most publicly noticed places that are in desparate need of some paint.

We get buckets of paint made up (who cares if it's not the same kind Disney would use, as long as it matches the color) and get a bunch of folks to commit to a date.

Use MP's strength and have them run an article for us, and notify news media of a 'special event showcasing how bad Disneyland is' but never mentioning what will be happening.

We all come, with backpacks on hiding a bucket of paint. We go to a predetermined 'bad spot', where the media will also be..We break out the buckets and start painting.

haha..OK, so maybe that wouldn't work but haven't you wanted to break out a bucket of paint at some point? :)

Corith
05-29-2001, 10:20 AM
Lets not be like the current maintenance stafff, and scrape away the peeling paint and put down some primer first.

As greedy as anti-walt is, you'd think he'd jump at the chance to have others pay for maintenance.

05-29-2001, 10:45 AM
Chronically420, you come with the paint and I'll have a dustbuster in my fannypak. I'm heading right for those Tiki birds!

LuvTDL
05-29-2001, 11:39 AM
Count me in!
I'll be there with a little painting brush painting the fence around Minnie Mouse's house so you can't see the ugly plastic inside and I'll take a nice cloth so that all the horses on the carousel can be bright and shiny just like Walt wanted!

Napsto
05-29-2001, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Corith
How about a private fund that would pay for the maintenance that is being neglected?

"Everybody chip-in a ten-spot and lets repaint Disneyland."

don't they charge enough for food and to get in?????

gadzuux
05-29-2001, 12:58 PM
How `bout if everybody mailed Eisner a dollar? It's all he seems to care about, so maybe it'd be a way of sending a message in a positive way.

Think about it, if he received, oh say 10,000 of them it would get his attention in a way that would require him to respond.

lisap
05-29-2001, 01:11 PM
100,000? Pocket change for him. Drop in the bucket.

Corith
05-29-2001, 01:35 PM
How about if we took up the collection and then called a local news channel that since Eisner refuses to do upkeep, a group of locals are ready willing and able to do it for him.

I bet he'd care if we showed up with putty knieves, cans of paint, and a dust buster or two, with Channel 2 news right behind us.

Mandrake Linux
05-29-2001, 03:44 PM
I agree with Corith,
If the media takes action, so will Paul and his evil twin. Just discussing this isn't good enough, we must take action DAMNIT! No war was ever fought without taking action.

Corith
05-29-2001, 04:18 PM
If we (the readers and fans of mouseplanet.com) are really serious, then the funds would need to be deposited in a some type of fund account. I'm sure that one of the more business types out there have handled this type of thing before with non-profit organizations.

We would also need to accept non-monetary donations (the aforementioned putty knives, ladders, drop clothes, paint, dust busters).

Once this fund was established and on its way, we would let the media know that a group have grown sick and tired of the dilapidated state of the park. We are ready to start refurbishing Disneyland at our own expense since anti-walt is unable or unwilling to do so.

We should also remember that Disneyland is not owned by us. What this really means is that we would have to just donate the funds and equipment and let the Disney Company do what they want. I find it highly doubtful that Disney Corporation would allow non-union, non-employees to touch anything on their property, even if it was on a volunteer system.

Mandrake Linux
05-29-2001, 09:56 PM
Hey but Walt himself did say orally "Disneyland is your land." What is the Disney family doing in regards to this? Do they care?

Lacrosse Boy
05-30-2001, 08:24 AM
Everybody send Eisner a dollar?! Are you crazy?! He would keep all of the money to himself, think that they were all fan mail!:p

Corith
05-30-2001, 08:37 AM
What is the Disney family doing in regards to this? Do they care?

After looking at the sad state of disneyland, the DCA fiasco, Light Magic, and the new Tomorrowland (or lack there of), they can't care. They just can't. Nobody in that family has any feelings at all about what anti-walt and presler is doing.

Mandrake Linux
05-30-2001, 04:40 PM
Ok this is it. I've had it. I'm putting a team together. If enough people are interested we'll get a team together and create a website (with our own domain) and widely publicise this, soon enough we'll get more visitors than DCA.

Mandrake Linux
05-31-2001, 06:49 AM
Ok it currently looks like the domain is going to be savedisneyland.org.

Corith
05-31-2001, 09:21 AM
I'm in.
Need some asp/html/javascript work done, I'd be more than happy to offer my services (I'm a senior ASP developer for a major game developer).

Gemini Cricket
05-31-2001, 09:29 AM
I find it ironic that Disneyland has become the park Walt detested so much when he decided to make Disneyland!

He hated the shoddy upkeep of theme parks/carnivals he took his daughters to ie. litter, chipped paint etc.

He hated the rides that were commonplace ie. ferris wheels.

He also did not want us to be reminded of the outside world. He would be saddened by the McFry cart in Frontierland and all the outside world you can see from DCA.

If Eisner, Cynthia Harris, Paul Pressler were bombarded by e-mails and snail mail regarding our concerns maybe they'll listen.

They should also be reminded that the rides and ideas at Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure are pretty much kicking Disney's butt currently. ie. MIB, Spiderman, Jurassic.

Corith
05-31-2001, 09:34 AM
Considering the resentment expressed here, I'm sure that Eisner, CH, and Pressler have gotton massive emails. I'm willing to bet that a few have even reached Roy's desk.

They don't care. They are only interested in how much money they can wring out before Disneyland collapses.

After all, wasn't there a big compaign to move Pressler out of Disneyland management (Promote Paul Pressler).

Eisner is well aware of this site. If he wasn't, why is it blocked from all computers inside the company?

Berry Princess
05-31-2001, 09:56 AM
I'm in! As far as the Disney family goes I bet they don't get to have a word about anything that has to do with Disneyland and the parks. I'm sure Eisner found some way to see that that happened. I would never ever send that man a cent cause he would keep it as was stated and think it was probably fan mail. I do think that a website is a good idea for this and will help get notice of how the park is doing. Plus contact ALL local news stations and go from there (and yes even the one owned by Disney). I know I would be willing to help with this in some way cause I am tired of seeing things the way they are. I didn't like standing in line in Jan for my AP looking at dry rot on the building and the railing. I'm sure a bunch of us have cameras and camcorders that we can use to get pics of all the different things needed to be fixed. I know I have both and can help out with that kind of stuff. A video should be made for the news of all the things so they can see it and go from there. AP holders put in so much money and just from that they could probably do most of the upkeep if not all. I know I don't like that I have but so much money into the park and it is going no where into it. Let me know what I can do to help out.

Corith
05-31-2001, 10:01 AM
How about taking some of the pictures the Berry Princess spoke of and creating a Disneyland Blues page to show case why we are upset? Al might even donate a few of his own.

It would be horrible embarrasement to Anti-walt to have pictures what he and his staff are, or rather, aren't doing to the park get plastered all over the news.

I've even got a auto-submission program that sends the site URL to 250 different search engines at once. I just remember where I put those files . . . .

Berry Princess
05-31-2001, 10:08 AM
I'm going there next week so I can take some pics of whatever I come across. There should also be a written list of whatever we have seen that needs to be repaired, painted or whatever. Then if there is no pic of it yet one of us can get it to add to the pics of shame. I think that with a site like this on many search engines that would totally get word out and maybe get all the email addresses and mailing addresses of those in charge and their names added to the site and let those that see the site know to make their voices heard by doing their share in helping fix up the park. Maybe this will help to get Disneyland back to the way it should be. :)

Corith
05-31-2001, 10:15 AM
My mum works in the web legal biz, so I'll drop her a line and make sure that the proposed site is nice and legal.

Don't want anti-walt sueing us for telling the truth and making an . . um . . . . er . . . donkey (yeah that's it) out of himself.