PDA

View Full Version : Note to Disney: Please come up with a new parade.

zandysmom
10-01-2006, 08:11 AM
I just read on the fireworks thread that the Parade of Dreams will be back in 2007... WHY? We went in 2005 and it was fine but we just got back & didn't even sit for the parade since we did see the exact same one last year. Now they are bringing it back for the 3rd season? COME ON!

Remember the Mardi Gras parade, the Lion King.... those were AWESOME! I wish that Disney would get creative again & treat us to something new.

Moriah

See my pics from last weeks visit here (http://moriahbettencourt.typepad.com)

backsthepack
10-01-2006, 09:05 AM
I agree. I am ready for a new one.

Vegitabeta
10-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Some of the floats in the DLP parade have been going steady for many years now, so I agree.

Alex S.
10-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Keep in mind that the parade the preceded Parade of Dreams (and was pretty awful) lasted several years.

A lot of money was spent on Parade of Dreams and they're going to get their money's worth. I hope they do some painting soon, though. I was noticing a couple weeks ago that some things are looking pretty faded.

potterphreak
10-01-2006, 12:26 PM
I never get tired of seeing PoD!!! The music makes me tear up every time! I think this parade is EASILY made new for the guests-sit somewhere different each time and you get a different Character stop in front of you. After you have seen it on your trip, use that time to enjoy some smaller lines.

"Welcome to our family time...."!!!!

LOL

Just my 2 cents.....

cstephens
10-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Keep in mind that the parade the preceded Parade of Dreams (and was pretty awful) lasted several years.

5, I think. It started off as the 45th anniversary parade, and I think it ran pretty much until the 50th parade started.

Another Dimension
10-02-2006, 02:30 AM
PotS lasted all of 4.5 years, and out of 10 I think it rated all of a 4.5 :|

I think WDPoD is a 6 or an 8... Depending on which show stop I get. :)