PDA

View Full Version : Wine Country Trattoria DCA

Mom2
10-01-2006, 02:29 AM
We have never eaten there. I wanted to get some recent information on the food there. Are the lasagnas large enough to share between two adults? What about the childs pasta meal, what kind of pasta? I have a picky eater who doesnt really like regular spagetti, but will eat penne and bowtie. I am figuring that they might be able to serve plain pasta or a plain hot dog rather than the pizza dog? How about the paninis and entree salads, are they good? Big enough to split?

Doofy
10-01-2006, 09:03 AM
We have been there several times and while we haven't had everything and we have never ordered a kids meal I think we can give you some help.

The lasagna was not large enough for two people. When it showed up at the table I felt ripped off compared to every other time I had been there. My wife gets the pizetta salad every time we go there. She loves it and it is probably large enough to share. She alwasys has plenty left over. I love the meatball sub. I know that you didn't ask about that but it is really the only other item on the menu that I have tried. It is very good.

We really like eating here because of the atmosphere as much as anything.

RStar
10-01-2006, 09:43 AM
I agree, the Lasagna is probably not large enough to share. I think it is frozen Stoffers (which is still good), not hand made. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
10-01-2006, 11:38 AM
I ate there on Superbowl Sunday and was extremely disappointed in the slow and unattentive service. I don't recall the servings being generous portions. It could have been an off-day for them, but I had no intention of wasting 2 hours for dinner there. Frankly, when I have to actually get up and get the server to get my check after a 20 minute wait, I am irked. I would chose 20 other locations at DLR to eat before I went back there again.

FunMom
10-01-2006, 12:36 PM
We also have one child that won't eat long pasta like spaghetti, nor will he eat tomato based sauces. They accommodated him with penne with butter and parm. cheese.

The tiramisu was very good - surprised me!

Sguidgit
10-01-2006, 04:02 PM
I have gone here quite a few times and have only experienced good/great service (and surprisingly have seen the same servers/waiters over the course of the year, not always common in the parks). Just like any restaurant, I guess it's up in the air.

For the food itself, I either get sandwiches or salads. I have loved them both and felt they were both a big amount for one person. The lasagna I haven't seen. I will say that I try to always save room for the fresh orange sorbet, it's amazing! I don't tend to like orange flavored frozen treats, but this tastes fresh.

The atmosphere is always a nice change of pace as well, especially when it's a busy weekend. Very relaxing!

stan4d_steph
10-01-2006, 04:38 PM
You will find reviews on our Park Guide Page for the Trattoria here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=ABB409).

millionairegirl
10-01-2006, 04:46 PM
I got a cup of soup and my sister got a small salad and then we shared the lasagna. It was enough that we were too full for dessert immediately (we got some later from the bakery). When we asked the waiter the size of the lasagna and he said it was small - like a deck of playing cards. We doubted that, so we ordered one anyway and it was much larger than that. It was really rich too so that helped make it more filling. I thought it was much better and more exotic than stouffers.

I will say service was pretty bad and it was the first time on Disney property I felt they didn't deserve even 15%.

Mom2
10-01-2006, 11:08 PM
We also have one child that won't eat long pasta like spaghetti, nor will he eat tomato based sauces. They accommodated him with penne with butter and parm. cheese.

The tiramisu was very good - surprised me!
Redd Rockers Pizza Port was kind enogh to offer to make plalin penne for my son the last time we were there. We had just asked if they had plain pasta. They did add a touch of oil and herbs to it. I thought that was just so awesome of them. Although if we go this time and they dont have it on the menu yet, I will have to ask for it truly plain, plain, no oil or herbs. But he does smother his pasta in parmesean, like yours. Sometimes he will eat the meat sauce, on the side.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think I am slitghtly discouraged from eating there due to the number of responses on this board altogether about slow and bad service. It sounds a liltlte like the serving sizes are way too small for the price paid to me.

DrewR
10-02-2006, 10:01 AM
We have been there several times and while we haven't had everything and we have never ordered a kids meal I think we can give you some help.Did I miss something? I didn't think they served kids meals here....

fidoprincess
10-05-2006, 04:51 PM
My kids love this place. DD loves the pasta and DH says it is the best grilled cheese sandwich you can find in DL-lol. I don't know of any other place in DL that has grilled cheese sandwiches. I love the tiramisu-very yummy and a big piece. We have had terrible service there too. The only time in my whole old life that I actually had to get up and get my own drink refill! Still, we go back again and again for the tiramisu and grilled cheese-lol.

Pat-n-Eil
10-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Wine Country Trattoria is one of our favorite places to eat in the parks. Sit down service where you can enjoy several types of pastas or sandwiches, get a glass of wine or a beverage and yes, they have a kids menu.

I've had the alfredo lasagna and the bolognese and both were good. My wife has tried the meatball sandwich and enjoyed it as well, though I think she preferred one of the lasagnas.

It's a nice, quiet, cool respite from walking around the parks and the costs were reasonable when compared to other meals at the park.

snappy
10-11-2006, 11:04 AM
The Meatball sandwich is the BOMB! Yes its not huge but it's perfect for lunch! I perfer eating at the StoryTeller Cafe at the GCH! Portions are huge and very tasty!

twist1980
10-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I enjoyed Wine Country Trattoria when I visited in June. The setting is nice and quiet and I love how the tables are spaced out, it felt like we were far away from the nearest table.

Between out group we had lasagna, the meatball sandwich and grilled cheese. All were good, although the meatball sandwich was a little dry and could have used a bit more sauce in my opinion.

I loved being able to have a glass of wine while waiting for my food, and I throughly enjoyed my glass of Riesling!

I would definitely recommend eating there!