PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance to reserve for character dining?

Mom2
09-30-2006, 11:04 PM
How far in advance do they allow you to make reservations at Storytellers Cafe? Do they have extra openings if you are a hotel guest...or does this get you fit in easier? We are staying at the Paradise Pier.

MammaSilva
10-01-2006, 02:12 AM
Everyone can start making PS (priority seating) arrangements 60 days out, if you wait they may still have space but being on property won't give you much of an edge, if any ...unless you are staying concierge level and even then I'm not sure that it would be enough to get you a table at your prefered eating time frame.

Malcon10t
10-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Agreeing with Mama. Staying on property, they may be able to find you a seating during your visit if you didn't make a ressie, but it may not be at the time you wish. If you are there during a slow period, they may have openings on the day you wish. When we are there at Christmas, often there are no seatings available for the entire week.

backsthepack
10-01-2006, 09:06 AM
To be honest, we have never made reservations and have always been able to get in each and every time when we go.

MammaSilva
10-01-2006, 09:09 AM
To be honest, we have never made reservations and have always been able to get in each and every time when we go.

At the exact time that you would feel was the most convienant? And exactly how many are there in your party? Good on those folks who can fly by the seat of their pants and 'get in' but I've been there too many times when we did the wow let's see if we can get a walk up and been told, sorry nothing available...it's not a free phone call but it's worth the few minutes of my time to call the dine line and set up all the PS I might want for our trip at the 60 day point, then call and cancel if need be.

annieb727
10-01-2006, 11:56 AM
I think it's always good to make PS reservations. I made mine last week for the week of the 8th - which wasn't all that far ahead of time, but I got pretty close to the times that we wanted and there's only two of us. It makes for less waiting time when you get to the restaurant.

We went to Storyteller's Cafe (three of us) last month and got there about 7:30 - we didn't have PS reservations, but it was less than a five minute wait. When we left about an hour later, the lobby was SO CROWDED with people, we would have been lucky to even get in. So really it depends on whether you want to risk it. There's no penalty for cancelling your reservations at the last minute if you want or need to. I just like that I KNOW we'll get seated AROUND that time.

I went to Cafe Orleans last month - I was right behind a party of two (I was just one person) and I checked in about 15 minutes early for my reservation and they were a walkup. I got seated pretty much right away, but it was before they did, so it can definitely save a little bit of waiting - and I would much rather use that extra 15 minutes waiting for a ride than for food :p

Malcon10t
10-01-2006, 11:59 AM
At the exact time that you would feel was the most convienant? And exactly how many are there in your party? Good on those folks who can fly by the seat of their pants and 'get in' but I've been there too many times when we did the wow let's see if we can get a walk up and been told, sorry nothing available...it's not a free phone call but it's worth the few minutes of my time to call the dine line and set up all the PS I might want for our trip at the 60 day point, then call and cancel if need be.We tried to do a walkup at Blue Bayou on Dec 27th, 2005. We were told their next available walk up was Jan 3rd, 2006.

I also have never even tried a walk up at a character breakfast, but then we are always a minimum party of 6, and usually closer to 10-14. I can see a party of 2-3 getting in during non peak season times, but not a peak time or weekend. You may get in, but not without an hour or more wait. I would also advise making PS then cancelling if you decide not to go.

MammaSilva
10-01-2006, 12:09 PM
I have posties ON my hutch that have each days PS choices on it, I do have the option of using vacation planners for my PS but I feel more "in control" if I've made the call cuz even then I've had a couple times that things got messed up when there are a LOT of PS's over the week....