PDA

View Full Version : What is the weather like in December?

splash
09-30-2006, 09:03 PM
We are going to be visiting in December and I was curious of the temps to expect. I know it could be rainy and cool. I am the eternal optimist and hoping I can wear my shorts. Please post experiences with traveling there at this time of the year. Thanks!

kiwifuz
09-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Hmm I mean in theory you can wear shorts year round right?

I'm from the midwest, and in December at DL I have in past years worn short sleeves some days, 3/4 length others, with jeans. In the evenings I've needed a jacket, my husband however isn't usually cold enough for one. On the other hand there are occasional nights where more than just a t-shirt with a light jacket is required. It's hit or miss, but I would definitely say it wavers on the type of jacket needed and shorts are usually out.

wingsong
09-30-2006, 10:26 PM
We spent Dec.17 -23 2005 in Disneyland. The day time temperatures varied from the mid 60's to the low 80's, basically we went from light jackets to shorts and t shirts.

annieb727
10-01-2006, 05:35 AM
When we were there last December (8th-12th), I think I wore jeans and t-shirts the whole time - with a sweatshirt a lot of the time, and then added a jacket in the evenings - and I was still a little bit cold...

but then I get cold quite easily :rolleyes: - in September, I wore a jacket/sweatshirt in the evenings, and am putting on and taking off my jacket throughout the day on various rides (Space Mtn in particular I always wear my jacket - I FREEZE in there) - and day time temps ranges from the 80's up to about 90!

ETA: I think my husband wore jeans and t-shirts the whole time, with just a sweatshirt at night and he was fine MOST of the time - got a little cold for him a few times (he's more hot-blooded than I am)

Koala Gurl
10-01-2006, 05:51 AM
Bring layers. It can get nice and warm during the day, but by about 3 or 4 as the sun gets lower, it cools off quite a bit.

FWIW...I have pictures of me in a tank top with the Christmas decorations in the background, so it can be warm. :)

Mom2
10-01-2006, 05:56 AM
We froze one year at Christmas. But we are from Arizona so used to warmer temperatures. I dont remember the temps. But we were wearing fleece jackets and hats that covered your ears. It felt like it was real snow on mainstreet. :)

The old man
10-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Daytime can run low 60's to upper 70's. Night time mid 50's to mid 60's. 15% chance of rain.

ghoofie
10-05-2006, 01:10 PM
We have been going for our Christmas trip for about the last 5 or 6 years. Around Dec 8-15. We have had summer like weather....to torrential like rains. But mostly mild weather. T-shirt/light shirts during the day and light jackets in the evening. We bring jackets , get a locker and we're set for the day. On a dare...we went on grizzly rapids on a cool late afternoon. I got soaked and never really did dry off. I was COOOOOOOOLD the rest of the evening.

Early to mid December is GRRRRRRRRRREAT at the park. Enjoy !!

LilysMom2003
10-05-2006, 04:50 PM
We always go in early December. 2 years ago it was FREEZING and raining lightly but cleared early. Remained cold most of the day. Last year it was pretty cool, jeans and a long sleeve shirt type weather and then by the time the parade started, it was raining. It rained through the fireworks but I wouldn't call it a freezing rain. The next morning it was beautiful...jeans and short sleeves! You just never know with December!

stan4d_steph
10-06-2006, 09:27 AM
If you're used to the colder weather, it's likely that you can wear shorts in December. However, the temperature drops after the sun goes down, and you might need to change into long pants if you inted to stay in the park until closing.

I would recommend bringing knit gloves for everyone in your party. They won't take up a lot of room, but may come in handy when the temperatures dip.