PDA

View Full Version : Country Inn in Orange

jslivinski
05-14-2002, 09:33 AM
I played the PriceLine game and lost. I now have a room for a week at the Country Inn in Orange, which I know nothing about. Is anyone familiar with this hotel? Any information would be appreciated.

FYI - I was trying for the Residence Inn.

cyberRoo
05-14-2002, 12:55 PM
They do a have a website, and it looks to be a pretty nice place.

http://www.countrysuites.com/orange.htm

Actually, it looks pretty nice, and it's really not far from Disneyland... You may have gotten a deal after all.

lisap
05-14-2002, 01:33 PM
It actually looks nice--who knows, you may like it better than Residence Inn. Give us a review when you get back!

mad4mky
05-14-2002, 01:39 PM
I logged onto their site also...
wow, looks really nice. And...you get a complimentary buffet breakfast every day...that is better than a continental breakfast some places offer. You wouldn't get a breakfast like that if you stayed at the Hilton or Marriott.

The rooms look nicer than the Hilton's or Marriott's too. Looks more elegant. It actually looks like the Country Club we stayed at in the English Countryside...

You might be really happy with the place. And, at $40 a night...that is still a bargain no matter how you look at it.

Mouse
05-14-2002, 01:52 PM
It looks pretty nice to me, but it is not within walking distance of DL (site says 2 miles), although it says one of the services is an "area shuttle" whatever that means.

tjrj
05-15-2002, 06:51 AM
Well, this isn't about the Country Inn in Orange but the one we stayed at in Denver. Very nice-does have that 'country inn' feel to it. We had the mini-suite set-up-with a separate bedroom and whirlpool tub(nice at the end of the day). Buffet was very nice-and the 'goodie' tray which is out and replenished all day was yummy. And for $40-it would be a real value. We paid around $100.

TP2000
05-15-2002, 10:59 PM
This is in Orange, but it's actually very close to Disneyland. It's not walking distance, but a 5 minute car ride will get you to Disneyland.

I haven't stayed here, but I drive by it all the time on the way to The Block. The website portrays the hotel fairly.

The Block is a big outdoor entertainment mall that opened in late 1998. It's a big teen and Date Night hangout on weekends, but there are a bunch of good restaurants, some fun shops, and a big Vans Skatepark and AMC megaplex movie theater there. There's also a Gameworks. You could easily walk to The Block from the Country Inn for meals and/or non-Disney fun.

As long as you have a rental car, or don't mind timing yourself around hotel shuttles or paying for cabs, it should be just fine.

jslivinski
05-16-2002, 03:14 PM
Don't you hate people who post a thread and then go off and forget to check it?

I'm feeling much more positive about this these days. I've checked out multiple web sites about the place, talked to the staff numerous times (I think she got sick of me), and am adjusting to the idea.

My biggest hang up is the change from what we are used to. For the last three years we have stayed at the Residence Inn in Orange. I have the map, know the best rooms, what they have to eat and when, a kitchen to cook in and room to stretch out.

With the Country Inn I'm down for a queen room w/sofa bed, but it's not guaranteed (I think I can upgrade to a king room w/sofa bed for $10 more - need to check on that), so I may end up with just a queen bed. Only the suites have microwaves, although they all have refrigerators, I can rent one for $10/day, but it would be cheaper to buy one a Target or pack it with us.

However, as someone at work pointed out with the $48/day I'm saving we can eat out every night and quite nicely at that. I guess it comes down to a frame of mind thing. No matter, it will all work out and we'll be at Disneyland which is what really matters.

Thanks for the comments and I'll let you know how the place is when we return.

jslivinski
07-03-2002, 11:43 AM
Below is the link to my review of the Country Inn. We had a wonderful trip and although we still prefer the Residence Inn we would definately stay at the Country Inn again, if it wasn't available.

Country Inn Review (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrcountryinn&find-lower-limit=11)

mad4mky
07-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the review. I was wondering how your stay was at this place...since you were so worried and very unsure about staying there.
Sounds like a nice place.
:D