PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland News from September 29th

Darkbeer
09-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Here are a few tidbits of info, some from the Cast Member Reference Guide, others from observations and other sources...

Yamibuki didn't open today, and more than likely won't open until October 5th

Autopia closes on Monday, and will remain closed until at least October 23rd

The Jedi Training Academy starts on Sunday at the Tomorrowland Terrace (6 shows scheduled on Sunday)

The Golden Horseshoe did not open today, hopefully will open on Saturday

Haunted Mansion Holiday did open today, and is offering FASTPASS (Networked) - Love the Typo on the large list draping the Mansion... it is Mistletoe, not missletoe ;) (Misspelled MULTIPLE times)

New Maps, now called "Guide to the Year of a Million Dreams" were released for both Disneyland and DCA, both Halloween Time themed.

The New Turnstile Podiums will be installed over the next two weeks that feature the large screen that will show your color photo if you are an AP at ALL turnstiles. The new Print at Home option will be called "Disney's E Ticket", which should start around mid-November.

Darkbeer
09-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Here is a photo of the typo...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1944515/5/98644735/Large

kiwifuz
09-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Odd since nothing else is misspelled. Someone screwed up. :)

Pirate Lover
09-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Haunted Mansion Holiday did open today, and is offering FASTPASS (Networked) - Love the Typo on the large list draping the Mansion... it is Mistletoe, not missletoe ;)

And yet they have 'sleigh bells' rather than 'slay bells,' I'm disappointed. ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
09-30-2006, 12:12 AM
That is so funny to me!!!!!!!!

annieb727
09-30-2006, 04:48 AM
actually Missletoe makes sense...but then so does Slay Bells instead of Sleigh Bells...oh well...what are you gonna do :rolleyes:

Gone2Disneyland
09-30-2006, 06:39 AM
Count me in as another one bugged by the typo. If only there were one other word misspelled in it as an artistic choice to justify "missletoe."

I remember quick-fix media signs posted in DCA last year advising of some special event. It appeared to be a last-minute sign, printed on a copier and taped to the front of wooden self-standing boards. And all I saw on them was the typo in all of them. To err is human, but imo it's a sad sight to see in a park that creates a standard for children. :( Waaaaaa! :p

wardkimballfan
09-30-2006, 07:31 AM
I think it's deliberately misspelled, since Santa Claus is spelled "Sandy Claws" on that list as well. Done for comedic effect, as it were. Inconsistent, though; "slay bells" would have been in the right spirit, but probably some idiotic committee thought it would have been too subtle and sailed over the heads of the general audience.

Gone2Disneyland
09-30-2006, 07:44 AM
I think it's deliberately misspelled, since Santa Claus is spelled "Sandy Claws" on that list as well.
Except "Sandy Claws" is a term from the film, not from the Imagineers, when Jack misinterprets what the kids call Santa. I know, we all want there to be a rational reason for the boo-boo. :rolleyes:

potzbie
09-30-2006, 07:58 AM
The word is spelled like the old children's riddle/pun:

Q.) If athletes get athlete's foot, what do astronauts get?

A.) Missle toe.

potzbie
09-30-2006, 08:02 AM
One more time! << insert rimshot here >>

Q. If athlete's get athlete's foot, what do alter boys get?

A. Missal toe.

infinite
09-30-2006, 08:05 AM
Shouldn’t that be missiletoe, if they meant missile?

Slay bells might have sounded to violent to someone. Toes made from missiles might be cute, sandy claws, again can be cute, slaying anything generally isn’t cute.

However even if they mean missile, they spelled it wrong.

Rkkm
09-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Went last night -- the 29th. The Halloween decorations are terrific!!! You are met at the entrance gate by large grinning Disney character pumpkins overhead. Once inside, the Mickey floral design is replaced by one made entirely out of miniature pumpkins. Absolutely darling!!

On Main Street, the circular area where the Christmas tree stands has a gigantic Mickey pumpkin, carved so his left eye is winking at you. (On the way out, we walked up Main Street to get his full effect.) There are lit, grinning jack-o-lanterns in almost all of the upper floor windows along Main Street. REally gets you in the mood!

We strolled over to Big Thunder Ranch, but it closes at 7 p.m. - guess the animals have to sleep. There is a very cute photo op backdrop just outside its gates. Inside, the cabin is now called something like Scare-de-Cabin. There are other Halloween decorations around the inside area.

Couldn't get a look at the Haunted Mansion. Between its "grand opening" for Halloween and the start of Fantasmic - the area was JAMMED!

I thought there would be more Halloween in the French Quarter area, but no.

The crowds were just huge ... exactly like the week after Christmas and the day after Thanksgiving. The employees appeared to absolutely overwhelmed by the crowds. We ate in El Zocalo... a really awful experience. There were only two cashiers for the over 200 hundred people trying to get out. It took us about 45 minutes to stand in line and get our food. They ran out of ice tea and the kid filling the drink machines said it would take half an hour to refill it. Once outside, the empty tables were piled high with dirty trays and dishes. Customers were pitching them any place they could find to clear the tables -- and not a table-clearing employee was in sight. There were dirty dishes and trays piled everywhere ... on the walls, under tables, even inside the rose garden at the center of the outdoor dining area!.

We are coming back on a mid-week day to go to the HM and see the Screams show - and have a pleasant meal.