PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Parade Priority seating

ochibiyo
09-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi! I was wondering if anyone out there has done the priority seating for the Electrical Parade? Is it worth it? I also have three little ones, ages 2-6 - will they like it or be bored stiff and what do they serve? Any info would be great! I'm planning to do this around Christmas week. Thanks!

MammaSilva
09-29-2006, 07:42 PM
I can not imagine needing priority seating for the Electrical parade, as disloyal as this might sound, the DCA parade route rocks solid...it holds the parade so well that there is NO bad place to watch from and the further back into the park you go the later you can get great spots to watch. In August ON a Saturday night we waited til 10 minutes before the parade intro, walked out of the food place and found a bench right on the parade route....closer to the exit of DCA it tends to get crowded because people want to do both.. the Electrical Parade then HAUL to Disneyland in time for fireworks.

ochibiyo
09-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Oooh! Thank you Mamasilva!! Great info, just a question. I heard that the Electrical parade is going down for bit, is this true? Will it be back in time for Christmas?

MammaSilva
09-29-2006, 07:57 PM
They usually have the parade go on hiatus in the fall cuz they close DCA so early and then traditionally they'll run it for the 'winter breaks' but then put it back away til early summer, but as always with Disney everything is subject to change without notice.

Crazy4DL
09-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Hi! I was wondering if anyone out there has done the priority seating for the Electrical Parade? Is it worth it? I also have three little ones, ages 2-6 - will they like it or be bored stiff and what do they serve? Any info would be great! I'm planning to do this around Christmas week. Thanks!

We did the priority seating for the EP, Christmas 03 and then this past August we watched the parade without the priority seating.

We liked the non-preferred seating we found MUCH better! We had a great spot with ALL of us on benches. No one was in front of us. It was back into DCA - over by the water - we were looking directly across at Ariel's (can't think of a better way to describe our spot). We sat down about 20 minutes ahead of the parade starting.

We had little kids (from 2 months to 8 yrs) with us both time - the loved it! (so do the adults in my family :D )

Crazy4DL
09-30-2006, 09:45 AM
We did the priority seating for the EP, Christmas 03 and then this past August we watched the parade without the priority seating.

Just realized it was the trip we took in Aug05 that we used preferred seating and Aug06 not. Doesn't change my thoughts was just bugging me - :p