PDA

View Full Version : 50th birthday trip in January?

poohlover
09-29-2006, 02:13 PM
I can't think of anywhere I'd rather spend my 50th b/d than Disneyland! However, my birthday is January 14, right in the middle of the MLK holiday weekend.

Pros and cons to going then? I know I could go earlier or later, but dang, I really want to be there ON my birthday.

We usually go in mid October...Wednesday-Saturday. How might the January holiday weekend crowds compare to that? Do lots of rides shut down if it is raining?

Would appreciate the input from some of you who have been to DL/CA in January. Thanks!

emmah
09-29-2006, 10:27 PM
dang! i have just booked my tickets and hotel, and had no idea that was a holiday weekend (i'm from abroad) - I'm arriving for 7 days on thursday 11th. i have never been in the park when its been really busy (I usually visit in January) - although last year I was there during the candlelight processional and that was completely crowded as far as I was concerned. i guess the upside of this is that they will have parades and fireworks etc happening which I had thought might not be the case. anyway, i too look forward to hearing about what the crowds might be like that week.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-30-2006, 12:16 AM
I say go for it!!! I too am a January baby and I spent a bday there once and it was fantastic!!!!! Just do it, regardless of the MLK weekend and whether it will be busy. Enjoy!