PDA

View Full Version : Rode Haunted Mansion Holiday Thursday evening - no real changes

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
09-29-2006, 06:50 AM
As part of the private "Quest for the Gold" event, they opened Haunted Mansion Holiday for the guests.

Rode it twice, pretty much the same as last year.

The Stretching Room Pictures are now in Blacklight.

The Attic basically has a bunch of Gift Boxes in it (and of course, a Mechanical Monkey!!! :fez: ) Not really exciting...

Here is a photo of where the Bride usually is...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1944515/12/98672500/Large

stan4d_steph
09-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Interesting. It would have been more interesting if they'd found a way to incorporate the bride somehow, I think. Thanks for the photo.

Monte Cristo
09-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Hmmm...I guess they're either running out of ideas on how to spruce it up or out of budget for it.

Gone2Disneyland
09-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Some folks comment that "classic" things should stay the way they are at Disneyland.

Others comment that things should be updated or changed.

It never ends... ;)

-Gone2Disneyland (happy we get HMH in the same ol' form one more season despite earlier rumors that it might not return at all)

Darkbeer
09-29-2006, 09:40 AM
I was hoping for something new in the Attic room, since they did such a great job updating the regular version......

But we can always hope for some new stuff when the Regular version returns around early February.....

Niwel
09-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the update DB! Now I have an urge to pop in my HMH CD :)
Guess those Dr. Finkelstein rumors were just that.....

jcruise86
09-29-2006, 09:55 AM
How about looking in the mirror and seeing the ghost of Paul Pressler (Presler? Presley?) or Michael Eisner sitting next to you?

dohgusgus
09-29-2006, 10:33 AM
they did have the brightly colored background right? I remember a couple of years ago the had the bright red and green background as a pile of presents and you could see all the characters pop up at diff times

Vegitabeta
09-29-2006, 10:35 AM
I really want to go to HMH, I've never been, I love the music too:)

nursemelis374
09-29-2006, 10:54 AM
I was going to head down tonight, but now I may not. No rush if things are the same!

Another Dimension
09-30-2006, 02:25 PM
*spoiler ahead*

As per tradition now in HMH, the Ballroom table centerpiece is a brand new design this year.

It's indeed a real change from last year. :)

grimmonsngibbons
09-30-2006, 02:38 PM
anyone have pics of the new centerpiece? i saw it before it was decorated with cookies, candy and icing but haven't seen it since.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-30-2006, 08:56 PM
It seemed to me last October that HMH was less exciting than the year prior. Anyone else feel that way? It just seemed there wasn't as much to look at last year as there was in 2004.

PrincessMomma
09-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I thought so too. And I think it was in 2003 that they had the "find the hidden Oogie-Boogies", which included a handout with clues to where they were hidden. My kids loved looking for them and carried those handouts with them everywhere ~ and it was just something else to look at during the ride. I wish they would do something like that again.

disneyochem
10-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Ditto on the Oogie Boogie hunt. My kids still talk about how much fun that was! Would be great if they add a game each time.

Little OT, but reminds me of when Indy first opened--I stll bring my 'decoder' card with me to read the messages. My kids (who were not born at that time) love to decipher the code!

RStar
10-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Ditto on the Oogie Boogie hunt. My kids still talk about how much fun that was! Would be great if they add a game each time.

Little OT, but reminds me of when Indy first opened--I stll bring my 'decoder' card with me to read the messages. My kids (who were not born at that time) love to decipher the code!
I find it hard to find the time to do that, the lines move so quickly! But I do keep a card with me, and I have so many that I give one to visiting family that I take to DL. I think I may be running low now, though.

cstephens
10-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Loved the "gingerbread house" in the dining room. Totally bummed that they've done VERY LITTLE decorating of French Market. They've usually had a smaller replica of what's in HMH at French Market. The last year or so, it's been different, but there still is one. This year, nothing, just a few decorations on the poles.

Dexter
10-01-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm kind of bumed they didn't bring back the scarols this year, today, at least they had some instrumental music playing in the queue. I've heard it in the fastpass area before.

I also noticed some of the decor was missing in the mansion, most notably was the spiderwebs from the busts that follow you.

stan4d_steph
10-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Loved the "gingerbread house" in the dining room. Totally bummed that they've done VERY LITTLE decorating of French Market. They've usually had a smaller replica of what's in HMH at French Market. The last year or so, it's been different, but there still is one. This year, nothing, just a few decorations on the poles.That's too bad. It's much easier to photograph the one they would place in the French Market than to try to get the one in the ballroom!

Doodle Duck
10-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Rumor Mill...a CM at the Music Shop said it is the LAST year for the makeover...that Burton had withdrawn the rights?? Anybody hear that and am I way behind the times?

tigga please
10-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Rumor Mill...a CM at the Music Shop said it is the LAST year for the makeover...that Burton had withdrawn the rights?? Anybody hear that and am I way behind the times?

havent we heard that for the last two years?

californiagirlx7
10-02-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm kind of bumed they didn't bring back the scarols this year, today, at least they had some instrumental music playing in the queue. I've heard it in the fastpass area before.

I also noticed some of the decor was missing in the mansion, most notably was the spiderwebs from the busts that follow you.

SERIOUSLY?? Aww...that makes me sad. I really loved the scarols and the cobwebs were such a nice touch on the mansion. Why did they take out so many things this year?

cstephens
10-02-2006, 06:43 PM
That's too bad. It's much easier to photograph the one they would place in the French Market than to try to get the one in the ballroom!

Yeah, it's really disappointing that French Market is so bare as far as extra decorations. But they have this really, really, really, really, really, really good pumpkin pie with very-slightly-pumpkin-flavored whipped cream on top dessert.

Did I mention how good it tastes?

grimmonsngibbons
10-03-2006, 07:35 PM
thanks to darkbeer for this shot of the new gingerbread house!
I rode the ride yesterday and was thrilled to see this new addition.
http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1944515/14/98818145

olegc
10-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I rode HMH today around 1:30pm. Man - FAST. No time between zones - so the narration was one right after the other and no chance to get the timing of narraton wth the scene (example - casket mentioned just as you are under man-eater).

the large cake with the arms all flailing is new in the ballroom. Also, I don't recall the snakes' tail in the attic making a tree shape wtth a bright yellow star on top (painted on wall).

One omission - the mummy was missing from the graveyard - so the deaf ghost was talking to no one...